Daily check in Jan 17, 2016

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily check in Jan 17, 2016

Post by mbrudnic »

Happy Sunday morning Frugal Friends,

We were up in time to go to 7:30 Mass, but I wanted to wait until 9:00 which is a more reasonable time in DS's book. We got a message that DS1 and Family will not be over for dinner tonight. DS2 has his music rehearsal so it will be just Hubby and I for dinner. I could still cook the whole chicken and we can eat off it it for days.

I got my quily pieces trimmed, my kitchen cleaned and the Living room re-arranged. I picked up a bottle of organic grape juice. I want to stop and get some pectin and make grape jelly. I am out. The basement is starting to look acceptable.

I stayed home after my grocery trip, so that minimized spending. I went a touch over budget at the grocery store. I bought 3 items at Meijer that we not exactly groceries. Not sure if i will get cabin fever between today and tomorrow. LOL!
I do have coupons and a gift card for JoAnn's.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily check in Jan 17, 2016

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I had a pretty good night my right wrist actually hurt more than the left. In fact it woke me up a couple of times.

Not much else is new.

Penny
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I want to say thank you for all the wonderful thoughts and prayers.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Still in the deep freeze, though it is a few degrees warmer than yesterday, yet still colder than forecast yesterday. I do hope it warms up considerably very soon.

We will be heading to our usual Mass at 10 am this morning and coming straight home. Fact is I am going to have to get Hubby up and mobile very soon. Need to warm up that car before we even think of driving anywhere. Pretty sure we will not go out for brunch after, would much rather come home and warm up.

My to do list is small today. More preparation for the upcoming week, with those daily tasks of Kitty Litter Patrol, and a bit of decluttering going on. This should give me most of this day to work on my embroidery (I am sure you are all getting tired of this project). It is the last day to work on it before I set it aside for a bit to work on my sewing. I hope to get most of the stuffed rabbit portion done. If I have no hand hemming in the evenings, I may just get to work on this project a bit longer.

While today may not be a no spend day, it is an allowable spend day. Envelope at church should be the only spending.

Frugal wise the usual will be happening here. I need to up our frugal game a bit next month to see if I can, I really would like to come in under budget for our Anniversary trip, but with the Canadian dollar taking a nosedive right now things do not look that great.... It is going to cost to buy those Euro's.

Supper tonight will be roast beef, roast potatoes, roast carrots, and perhaps a salad.

Today I am grateful that youngest DS sounded great when we spoke to him on Friday. Upbeat and busy working for as long as possible. He is hoping that layoffs have stopped, but isn't counting on that.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

itspennyc wrote:I had a pretty good night my right wrist actually hurt more than the left. In fact it woke me up a couple of times.

Not much else is new.

Penny
Glad things turned out well. Stay warm.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Another chilly morning here in south Texas. But I have several warm furry bodies all around me, so we are cozy. They make good blankets. Too bad they can get yippy at times.

Didn't sleep soundly, but not as bad as before.

The mountain cedar finally got to me. I have sinus drainage and a sore throat.

We are supposed to go to the movies this afternoon. See the reverent or whatever it's called. I'm trying to get out more.

Hope all have a great day.