Daily Check-in Jan 22, 2016

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
colonialgirl

Re: Daily Check-in Jan 22, 2016

Post by colonialgirl »

No I seldom spill or boil over. I think you are right Clem, it is just a dirty activity. But I have to be more diligent about not letting them get so cruddy. My hands are killing me today. Must have exacerbated my arthritis with all of the gripping and scrubbing.

So first nice, warm sunny day, out in the bags the go. I don't know about eating out. Home cooked is so much better and so much cheaper, but it is effort.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

colonialgirl wrote:No I seldom spill or boil over. I think you are right Clem, it is just a dirty activity. But I have to be more diligent about not letting them get so cruddy. My hands are killing me today. Must have exacerbated my arthritis with all of the gripping and scrubbing.

So first nice, warm sunny day, out in the bags the go. I don't know about eating out. Home cooked is so much better and so much cheaper, but it is effort.
Sometimes I think about going total non cooking and just eating things that do not require heat.

We did make burgers last night. Still have tomatoes in the garden and my lettuce is coming out great - it is wonderful - fresh home grown produce. I love going out there, pulling up a plant, washing it off and eating it!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Sometimes I will watch Anthony Bourdain's show - can't remember what it is called.

Anyway he travels around and checks out the local cooking scene.

Ugh - almost all of them involve intense flames and people just sweating away cooking - gross.

I could not do it. I've tried grilling and no thanks. Way too hot.

I toured a nice new home today with a nice new kitchen. So nice. Maybe in five years - my new goal!!