Daily Check-in Jan 22, 2016

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check-in Jan 22, 2016

Post by icfrugal1 »

good afternoon!!!

Poor dog, we were walking and a very few raindrops came down, so we cut our walk short and came home~~~~~~~~~~~~~~and it did not rain!!!!!

Still not raining, I worked on the pool put the chemicals in, and ran the pool robot I'll have to take it out of the pool on Sunday and clean it.

DH is having a bad day :(

Talked to my older sister this morning, the company she works for is closing so her last day is next week, she is not happy. I think that she has worked there over 10 - 15 years.

She will get unemployment and her DH has been retired for years. They are ok $$$$, but it will be a big change.

IC
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good afternoon all,

I slept like a brick last night, felt so good! I hate these insomnia cycles....they mess me up so much. But at least I am not working and can deal with it.

I cleaned and polished this morning, made my trip to town, found some pull tags on meat for the DDs families and feel real good about that. One of the best perks of not working. I got so cold out running around town, stopped at dads and then came home. I built up the fire in the woodstove and feel like having a nice cup of coffee. Like someone else said(Bridget?) if you don't go out you don't spend money!
I did go to the library and got a great supply of reading material.
Supper tonight will be cottage cheese and ? really hungry for cottage cheese. Tomorrow is up in the air, girls were talking about a trip to Hobby Lobby. One wants to look for fabric for some curtains. I just go for " valued" opinion and the star bucks coffee afterwards! I am a cheap date. ;)

Off to see what everyone else is up too.
Stay safe, warm and have a great evening.
JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I have found some vacuum sealed trout in the freezer so we are going to use that up rather then the tuna casserole. I have some leftover rice to use up and the leftover salad. Should clear out a bit from the fridge and freezer.

I am sewing the new dress pattern very carefully. So far everything seems to be going well. I have the sleeves ready to be put into the armholes, but I think I will leave those till tomorrow. I am getting tired and that is when I am bound to make a time consuming error.

I am hoping to finish the sewing projects and my embroidery by the end of the month, beginning of next month. I am sticking to these two projects until they are done. It does mean that there are a few goals from this month I will not even get to. But there is always next month to finish those.

Hubby went out earlier to check the ice thickness on the dam. I think he figures that youngest DS will be home one weekend soon and they can go ice fishing.

Off to have a bit of a rest before making supper.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

There was a school shooting in the northern part of my province. Two schools on lockdown today and a young man with a gun has been apprehended. I heard two shot and two dead, but things are a bit fuzzy right now.

We just don't have things like this happen in my province. We aren't big population wise so this is a shock. It is the first school shooting to take place here. This happened north of Saskatoon.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families involved.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

We have now had an update on the school shooting. Five dead and 2 in serious, life threatening condition. The shooter is in custody.
Jackie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Oh, my Jackie, prayers for the victims and their families ... such a terrible thing.

Maggie, sorry to hear about DS1's layoff. Hopefully things will pick up or he'll find something soon.

Cold and we're having a bit of snow, but nowhere near what some of you are expecting.

Went to the services today for my friend, then home to change, eat lunch and head to work for a half day.

Need to make a cat food run and pick up some other groceries, though I may let that wait until tomorrow ... I think everyone will survive one night without wet food if it comes to that, LOL.

For all of you in the path of the storm ... stay safe!