Daily Check in Jan 26, 2016

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Jan 26, 2016

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello Frugal Friends,

I did get some more sewing complete last night. All of my flying geese are now in pairs.

I am getting ready to go to the office. Last night I pulled pork chops out of the freezer for tonight's dinner.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Jan 26, 2016

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

Colder this morning, and we are having a teeny tiny bit of light snow. Still dang good weather for this time of year. However by tonight and into tomorrow we could be getting freezing rain!! Not ideal winter driving weather at all. Kind of wondering if I should just get my little grocery list tonight after work instead of waiting until Thursday (need to stop and pick up OTC meds for Hubby).

Subbing today and I end up having to supervise one recess outside with one of the children. My break will happen after that, guess it's only 10 minutes in comparison to the 15 others get, but at least I can sit in peace and quiet for a bit.

Unlike Maggie I didn't get much of a chance to be in the sewing/craft room. I did manage to wind two bobbins with the correct colour of thread, and get the machine set up and ready to go. Perhaps a seam or two tonight after a bit of ironing.

Frugality wise only a small bit of allowable spending will take place. If I do get groceries tomorrow and the next will definitely be no spend days. Friday is bill paying day, and we are making the final payment on our holiday trip. I am hoping that Saturday is a no spend as well. Not too sure about Sunday as we have been discussing a donation to the elevator fund to get it repaired.

Meals will be prepared using items that are already in the house. I will be using some leftover frozen packaged meat for this meal.

What I wear to work today will be hung up to air and then put away. Should be suitable to wear to church on Sunday.

Packing my lunch for work and using up some of the leftovers in the fridge.

I used my birthday gift yesterday afternoon to make some Banana Muffins. The cupcake maker worked very nicely and the muffins turned out. I need to practice how much batter to put in as they are all different sizes. They are kind of a cross in taste to a pancake and a muffin (does that make sense?). I need to try making cupcakes with it next. This takes less energy then the oven and about as long to do. Perhaps a tiny bit less time.

I am planning on leaving Hubby a note to see if he will bring in the remaining camping items. I want to get them washed and decide whether or not I want to list them on the garage sale sites or just haul them to the second hand store. I could use the empty totes for something else... More storage in the sewing/craft room perhaps.

Supper tonight is going to be that leftover pork roast I froze make into a stir fry. I plan on using the veggies I have in the crisper and root cellar downstairs. Won't be fancy, but it will be filling. Serving this on rice.

Today I am grateful for the subbing gig. That will give me two days on the next pay period at least, and will pay for both our mobile phones for the month with a bit leftover.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Shelsmiles

Post by Shelsmiles »

Good morning. Had a great day with DD for her birthday yesterday. It was just us most of the day and lots of fun. It was much needed.

Today is a trip to the DDS for another tooth extraction. Dang it. Not thrilled but has to happen, so there you go. Better to get it behind me I suppose.

Laundry and catching up on housework afterwards if I feel at all up to it. Hoping I do as this place looks like hell hounds have torn through it in a fury. It's a heck of a mess and it's making me crazy to say the least. I was hoping to have some help over the weekend but that didn't pan out. Maybe some little bit of help tonight and tomorrow night. I am leaving for an out of town business trip and I really have to have it at least somewhat done before I go.

Weather is warming up nicely here and that means we should be able to get outside a bit. Less chance I will get help in the house but it's hard to fight the sirens call of sunny and 60 degrees in January. Even for me!

Hope everyone has a great day!
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Good morning. Cloudy today w/ drizzle. The temp stayed above freezing overnight. I want so much for this snow to go away. It took a month to melt the last time we had this much, very tiresome only being able to do things in normal fashion.

DH's cold has gotten very bad, he says he feels awful. I am mostly just tired and have some light congestion. I'm happy I feel well enough to come to work and get paid. :lol: I hope leftovers will suffice tonight. I made cornbread last night to have with my split pea soup. I forgot the sugar but it actually tastes fine without any. Stay warm.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Dull dreary windy day here in south Texas. It was so nice yesterday.

I had a hard time sleeping. Lots of coughing. Guess it's better than sneezing. Can't shake this illness. I'm just going to lounge around today. Do simple chores like laundry. I'm always amazed that people find that so hard to do. Throw clothes in one marine, take them, throw them in another? They must have never used a wringer washer with metal wash tubs and then hung those things up to dry. And the ironing. Sprit zing the clothes to dampen them etc. now that was a chore.

Have a great day all
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept late again, I don’t believe it, as I rarely sleep after about 6:30 in the morning.

I have done very little this morning. I have some dishes that need washing. Most will go into the dishwasher. I again plan a quiet day.

Tomorrow I get my stitches out. I am hoping to schedule my carpal tunnel surgery for February as my daughter has President’s day off. I don’t know if I can at this time. I will find out tomorrow.

I have been doing a lot of reading lately. I am so grateful for the e-books from the library.

Penny