Couponing

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
kat

Couponing

Post by kat »

got a question: need to save money on groceries! but even tho I do "online" or digital when available, is there any way to get more coupons without having to print them? I find ones I like, but the cost of ink to print isnt worth the little bit of money saved at the store!

any other ways or ideas to save on either ink to print them or the coupons themselves? dont get any sunday papers. thanks!

Shelsmiles

Re: Couponing

Post by Shelsmiles »

I am honestly not a big coupon queen because I find they tend to be mostly for products that don't suit me. Boxed dinners, convenience Foods etc. I do use a few however, and one method that I like is to download them to the store loyalty card. One way to save on ink might be to refill your printer cartridges, and you could use the back side of already Used paper to save there as well.

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

I love coupons, but like Shels said seems like the coupons anymore are on items that I don't buy. When on name brands, the generic store brand is much cheaper. I do most all of my shopping at Kroger and being able to download the coupons that I do use to the Loyalty Card has been marvelous.

To save on ink cartridges, I buy all of mine from E-bay. Found me a seller that I like and an HP Cartridges at WalMart runs $45.00 and I can get it on E-bay for $8.50, black or colored.

rinty

Post by rinty »

kat wrote:got a question: need to save money on groceries! but even tho I do "online" or digital when available, is there any way to get more coupons without having to print them? I find ones I like, but the cost of ink to print isnt worth the little bit of money saved at the store!

any other ways or ideas to save on either ink to print them or the coupons themselves? dont get any sunday papers. thanks!
It is often worth contacting companies whose stuff you buy regularly...people contact them to complain but an email saying how much your family enjoys BRAND X, you've bought them for years etc , etc may well lead to your being sent some coupons in the post........

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

I used to be able to combine a lot of coupons with sales but since coupons now expire so quickly (most only last about a month) it's become almost impossible to do. Fortunately I have other money saving perks at my neighborhood store but food has gotten so expensive everywhere! If the economy is in fact headed for a downturn I don't know how these high food prices can be sustained.

Bev

dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

A lot of the chain stores are going to digital coupons you add to your "club" card electronically via the web site. Safeway is my favorite for doing this, also CVS. Use them a lot and they will track what you purchase frequently and offer you applicable coupons. I just click a button and the coupon is associated with my card and applied when I make the purchase. What stores do you usually shop?