Daily Check In February 7, 2016

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In February 7, 2016

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

Off to get some coffee, but thought I should perhaps start us off first.

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In February 7, 2016

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning once again

Awake early today (wonder if that will happen tomorrow when I really need to be up early to head to work) and listening to the wind howl around the house and down the street.

An Alberta clipper is coming through our province bringing high winds, rain and snow. We started with the winds in the early evening, then came some rain (not as much as in other places) and now along with the winds we are getting snow/blowing snow. A normal yucky day on the prairies here. Hoping the roads are not too icy as we have Mass this morning and knowing our city, the sanders will not be out until Monday sometime.

Should be a relatively quiet day here. I am getting the chores done that are usually done on Mondays over the weekend. I only have laundry and deep cleaning the bath room left on the list. Of course I have regular Sunday chores, but those are more of the getting ready for the upcoming week (making lists), kitty litter rounds, and then just having fun things to do.

I do have to grind beans for coffee as I used up what was left in my container, I may need to write that down or I will forget.

I am also trying to decide whether to serve a smorgasbord of fridge leftovers along with a salad instead of my planned menu. Choices will be made before too long, cause if I am making a roast something I will need to get it out of the freezer very soon.

I am hoping to spend time in the sewing room this afternoon. I am so close to being finished the machine sewing I can almost taste it. However, if even with the overhead lights on and my special light right above the machine on things seem dark and dingy I may just have to forego the sewing and work on the embroidery in the better lighting of the living room.

Supper this evening will be either a roast ham, or all the leftovers in the fridge. I will let you all know.

Today I am grateful that even though we have snow and before that rain, we have had a wonderful winter with no real storms to speak of.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Got a few minutes before we leave for Mass. I have a beef brisket marinating in the fridge. I sure hope DS1, DDIL and DGS come over. DS2's music rehearsal will end early for the superbowl.

I may make another grocery store run. We got a check in the mail that needs to be deposited.

Time to leave.
Have a great day,
Maggie

dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Good morning. Cold and overcast here in Virginia but not bad - no wind for one thing. I have pinto beans in the crock pot. These get mashed in the food processor for re-fried beans which I love. We have tortillas and cheese so I am set. The roaster chicken in the crock pot Saturday turned out well, I will use that method again. I used the fat separator measuring cup to save some broth which was relatively easy.

i feel I need to get some things accomplished today. I want to empty a storage rack in the utility room and use this as the place to organize items for the yard sale. Do laundry and some sort of exercise. I would like to see if there's any fresh parsley at the garden plot and how things are looking. Plan the seeds for starting indoors next weekend. Wish me luck. ;)

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Sunny chilly morning here in south texas. The bird bath water is frozen, so we did have a slight freeze overnight. Weather should warm up this week.

I slept okay through the night. Thanks to Benadryl - sadly. Hate to have to resort to that, but I was dragging.

The boys have been out already several times. I'm dressed and ready to go. We are meeting for breakfast and then going to see mom. She is doing okay - better than last week.

Everyone have a great day.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I am losing my voice today. There is no one to talk to so I should be able to rest it today.

I have planned a quiet day, I told my daughter not to come over this weekend. One she doesn’t need this second this is the week that the city is moving back to the renovated City Hall. So she has been extra stressed, and more important tired. Since she and her staff will be working in one office with half the stuff in the other one. Monday morning they will officially be in the renovated building. Hopefully they will be fully unpacked by then. Of course they can’t get into the building this weekend. It will settle down.

I have several heat and eat meals in my freezer. This is as good a time to use them.

Penny