Daily Check In February 7, 2016

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily Check In February 7, 2016

Post by rinty »

Getting dark here and I am knackered : )

Busy family weekend which is nice but I am also having an ulcerative colitis flare up and I am beyond knackered and sore with it. I know its stress so not surprised at all given the last few weeks.

Anyway, I loved the grandchildren time even the 2 who had a sleepover we hadn't realised we had signed up for !!! I ran the kids round outside which they love and it gave the parents a rest. I took the a little one to a farm ( in torrential rain, which we Brits are used to ) and he loved it, especially all the baby animals. We avoided the tractor ride thank goodness.......sat on an open carriage, no thanks.

Dinner today was make your own burritos with plenty of pulled pork and chicken, works better for the DSs and their families than a full roast dinner, brownie to follow. Plenty of salad leftover for us so that's nice.

Need to speak to the job I can't do and the one I will soon be starting. That's after an early night tonight. I have one bill to pay next week but that's under £10. This week will EITHER be fully No Spend or Cost a Lot if I decide to take DS on a little jolly to the coast. The weather is due to be foul I know so its a bit of a silly idea.......see how it goes. He likes our little road trips. I haven't mentioned it so he won't be disappointed if not.

It would be stupid to go to bed at 6pm but frankly, tempted. The kids and dgks left after a LOOONNNG Sunday afternoon walk with the dog. Kitchen tidy, the guest bedroom does have a lot of toys lying around but that's not offensive so I'm not bothered :) The living round has 3 board games, a pile of books and a Thomas the Tank engine layout........its all good.

Prayers said for Bridget and thoughts to you too, Clem,

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Rinty, I am sorry to hear that stress has made you ill. {{{hugs}}} Also hugs to Bridget, Clem, LWolfT, Val and others with family members, two-legged and four-legged, that are ill or dealing with health issues.

I am puttering around the house today. Stupidly ate some bacon for breakfast, forgetting that not having a gallbladder any more means a queasy stomach from eating something fatty. Urgh for paying the idiot tax.

The good-sized heel of a loaf of homemade bread are slow-roasting in the oven to become seasoned croutons. DS, who waits until he has no clothes to wear before doing his laundry, has taken over the laundry room for this mammoth chore, while wearing a pair of his dad's old work trousers. It's either that or wear a towel around his waist. :-D
Mackie

colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Afternoon frugal!

Thinking of all of you with sick family and fur babies and sending good thoughts your way. Sometimes being human is just so hard.

No football watchers here but me?? We are going to a Super Bowl party this afternoon at the home of one of hubs golfing buddies. I will know no one there very well and am looking forward to it about as much as a colonoscopy - but what can you do. Hubs is excited. I will likely make polite chitchat for a short time and then concentrate on the game.

For our contribution, we bought a shrimp tray and I made chocolate chip fudge bars. I am just so lazy - but there you go. We continue working in the garage and it is starting to look better daily. Yesterday was our monthly dumpster day for our township so we took a truck load of not needed things for $5.00. Saved us going to the dump and paying $20, so I was glad.

Well that concludes the boring tales of my life. Have a great day everyone.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Yay! for your continued decluttering, ColonialGirl!

We are not football fans, nor sports fans in our house. So this is just an ordinary Sunday for us. I might make some brownies just for fun in a little while.
Mackie

colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Thanks Mackie-
You don't really know how bad things are until you dig into them. We are going to have to tip our trash men extra - they are going to need hernia treatment done before we are done.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

The sewing is pretty much done. I do need to give everything a really good pressing, make a buttonhole and hand hem but those are all things that are pretty easy to do. While I am not completely satisfied with how the facings or collar lay right now, I hope to fix all that when I do the final pressing.

I will be starting supper as soon as I remove the last load of clothes from the dryer. I decided on clearing out the fridge and making a salad to go with what I find.

Hubby will be watching the Superbowl so something quick will be perfect.