Gas prices!!! What are yours?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Gas prices!!! What are yours?

Post by MackerelCat »

It was $1.45 a gallon at the super cheap station on the way to work this morning. I'm not sure how that station manages to charge so little for gas, but it's always 10 or 12 cents lower than the ones a couple of blocks away.
Mackie

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

I drove by a $1.21/gal sign today. Almost wished I needed gas!

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Well, the station with the $1.54 gas was back down to $1.34 when I left work. It's $1.39 in my neighborhood.

Shelsmiles

Post by Shelsmiles »

Colonial girl, that is the issue isn't it! There isn't any developed and viable energy source that can take the place of coal, oil and gas. I am alao in favor of alternative energy if it's actually a viable alternative that is consistent, affordable, reliable and can produce the volumes we need. I'm not seeing any chance of that with wind or solar. Nobody wants nuclear. Hydro has obvious limitations. I wonder if people will be forced to revisit the idea of nuclear power again soon. All the existing plants are aged, I can't imagine what it would take to get a new one built.

I can't help but also point out that big investors on Wall Street don't make money when prices are stable which is good for the consumer. They make their money on market swings and speculation.

colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

True that Shel.

Gas here today dropped to 1.29. I cannot believe it. I am not complaining for my personal well being but I am concerned. Of course I am also concerned about global warming, the possible dying off of the bees, the upcoming water shortage, etc, etc, etc. I think maybe I am just getting old.

blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

Least expensive places around here are$1.88 delta sonic; my usual place to go is at 1.92 ( sunoco) and when I use my card that brings it down to $1.87. not sure what the prices are at the rez as I don't live close enough to check it out. cj