Daily Check in Sept 7, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
AnneX

Re: Daily Check in Sept 7, 2015

Post by AnneX » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:25 am

Happy Birthday, floridacatlover. buy yourself those shears.

AnneX

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:23 pm

DH and I drove down to north Georgia to buy dog food and cat litter today. We meant to go to Aldi there and take advantage of the lower sales tax on food in Georgia, but Aldi was closed for the holiday.

Last night we were all seriously craving chocolate. I remembered we had chocolate cake mix and a can of cherry pie filling in the cupboard, so I made a chocolate-cherry sheet cake and put a little chocolate glaze on top. So good! So fattening! We'll be enjoying that in tiny servings. :)
Mackie

dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:30 pm

I discovered there is an Aldi sort-of close by that I did not know about! I will have to go there later in the fall and see about re-stocking the pantry when it's time.

jckitty

Post by jckitty » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:06 pm

Happy Labor Day all,

Oh how happy I am to NOT be going back to work tomorrow! I am loving this retirement.... really need to get to the library but they are closed for the holiday, as they should be. I can go later this week as my time is MY OWN!!!!!!!

I have been in the house a lot way too hot and muggy and until today not feeling the best. I have a slight sinus headache but can handle it with OTC meds.

Made some awesome BBQ pulled pork and potato salad. Will share with dad. I can see right now that I made way too much pork BBQ. I can freeze some if it doesn't get used up.
I will do light housework today and have a small amount of laundry to do but nothing to really get excited about. Need to water outside plants later this evening, hot this stretch of hot weather ends soon. It is miserable to be outside for any amount of time. Reminds me of that sticky not that reads" satan called, he wants his weather back!"

Have a great day all,

JCKitty

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:27 pm

Good morning!!!

Happy bday Florida I hope that you have a great year.

Today I will be going to my sisters for a party, I'm bringing some cookies and some bread, (homemade) I made them with sourdough and hope to see what people think. So far everyone likes the sourdough cookies.

I will leave home at 3pm or so I don't know when dinner will be served, but I will leave at 6:30pm so that I am not driving in the dark.

My DH won't go with me because it is hot today and hotter where my sister lives so he would be very uncomfortable.

IC

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:43 pm

good late morning,
Not much planned today. I bought a bunch of magazines I will read and then pass on to Mom in case she is interested. Cooking is pretty much done for the week. I splurged and bought BBQed rib s and tri-tip so that will last a few days. I also have a rotisserie chicken to use. It is going to be horribly hot this coming week so I do not want to turn on the oven or do any heavy duty cooking.

Tomorrow should be my day off but I am subbing for a co-worker who is in turn doing para-educator sub for another co-worker. But I am still happy for the three day weekend.

I will be putting up my fall lights, doing laundry and I may start going through the Christmas totes today.

Bev