Daily Check in Sept 7, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Sept 7, 2015

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks,
So glad to have the day off today for the Labor day holiday. We were home for an hour yesterday after the road trip to Rochester before we left for the Football game. There were only 2 people for the truck crew, so Hubby and I stepped up.

Our van is back in the driveway this morning, but DS is catching a ride home with another group. He seemed to create drama. Sigh.

Later today DS1, DDIL and DGS are coming for dinner. I ahve a pork tenderloin to grill. DS1's tire/rim in not yet fixed, but he will bring back my car and take the van. It is just a little over 2 weeks until DS2 has his driver's test scheduled. I need to do some grocery shopping. After I am done here, since it is so early, I am going to go sew back together some quilt squares.

Have a great day,
Maggie
dlrcpa

Re: Daily Check in Sept 7, 2015

Post by dlrcpa »

Sewing sounds great Maggie, I hope to do some too. I'll be making the volunteer food run for the homeless shelter then home again. I can drop off library books since it's right next to the shelter.

I can tell I was on my feet too long yesterday (toe that was smashed 9 days ago is still a bit sore) so I'll limit the yard and garden work today. I may bike over to the garden just to pick cherry tomatoes and get some exercise. Step class starts on Wednesday!

Not sure about dinner, we have leftover chicken, beef, hot dogs. And of course green beans and squash that can be prepared. He is probably tired today from the 2 hours of pond cleaning yesterday, so hopefully he agrees with whatever I propose.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

Finished clearing the forum of spam in about 30 minutes today. Wow they sure have found us.

Sunny, but cool here. The perfect weather for getting more of the garden harvested. Hubby thinks he may pull up the cucumber plants (no longer producing) and I plan on getting more tomatoes picked and making a batch of chili sauce today.

I will also be getting rid of some flowers. These pots are beyond saving and I plan on dumping them out today. It will make less for the neighbour to water while we are gone.

Frugally speaking today should be another no spend day. I plan on doing my laundry in the usual frugal manner and hanging as much as I can on the outside lines.

Off for my usual frugal walking exercise soon, and of course as always meals will be made and prepared from what is on hand.

Sending a lovely large care package back with youngest DS when he leaves today. Should help him out with his grocery bills and saving money for either a down payment on a vehicle or as a mortgage down payment. He actually needs a new car more right now then a house.

Supper tonight is going to be Chicken Breasts, salad, and probably the leftover rice from last night. I am trying to clear out the fridge to make it easier to clean.

Today I am grateful for another day of nice weather.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

Good morning everyone and happy labor day! spent two days getting ready for the party today (cleaning the house and shopping). today dh is in charge of the grill and I will make a nice light punch for everyone to enjoy and lots of spring water and diet pepsi (for me and whomever else wants some). Got a good deal 2 liter for $1 on the pepsi so I loaded up for the party and for later in the month as well. cj
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up at what seems to be my new usual time. 4:45 am. I tried to go back to sleep but couldn’t get comfortable. I have made oatmeal muffins for breakfast. Very very good. I put 9 of them into the freezer.

I also boiled the last two eggs from my last dozen of eggs, baked oatmeal cookies. The second sheet of cookies is in the oven. I have 1 more to go in. I only baked a half a batch.

I now have a full sink of dishes, bowls etc. I started with an empty sink at least.

Other then cleaning the kitchen I have no real plans for the day. Everything that can go into the dishwasher is already in it.

I am working on a blimp for my son’s Christmas present. I have to find my error. The increases are Make 1 so not as easy to find. As some of the other increases.

I also need to finish the paperwork for my appointment with housing on Wednesday.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackielou wrote:Good morning fellow frugalites

Finished clearing the forum of spam in about 30 minutes today. Wow they sure have found us.

Sunny, but cool here. The perfect weather for getting more of the garden harvested. Hubby thinks he may pull up the cucumber plants (no longer producing) and I plan on getting more tomatoes picked and making a batch of chili sauce today.

I will also be getting rid of some flowers. These pots are beyond saving and I plan on dumping them out today. It will make less for the neighbour to water while we are gone.

Frugally speaking today should be another no spend day. I plan on doing my laundry in the usual frugal manner and hanging as much as I can on the outside lines.

Off for my usual frugal walking exercise soon, and of course as always meals will be made and prepared from what is on hand.

Sending a lovely large care package back with youngest DS when he leaves today. Should help him out with his grocery bills and saving money for either a down payment on a vehicle or as a mortgage down payment. He actually needs a new car more right now then a house.

Supper tonight is going to be Chicken Breasts, salad, and probably the leftover rice from last night. I am trying to clear out the fridge to make it easier to clean.

Today I am grateful for another day of nice weather.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie, I noticed a spam post in the Making Money folder. Thought I'd mention it because it would be easy to miss it there.