Daily Check in Sept 7, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
lennon05

Re: Daily Check in Sept 7, 2015

Post by lennon05 »

floridacatlover wrote:Hi everyone.

Today is my birthday. Yes, my birthday is a national holiday LOL. I'm 61.

I'm spending the day with mom. We decided to postpone our lunch until later in the week so just a quiet day together. It is raining but looks like it is clearing.

Yesterday I tried the new hedge trimmer for the first time. Works great and is very lightweight. I'm glad that it has a safety piece to help keep my hands away from the blades because it is kind of scary. I purchased some "no cut" gloves recommended by someone in the Amazon comments and I'm glad I did even though I'm not sure how much protection they provide.

I found the Gingher dressmakers shears I want for $21 at Amazon, cheaper than Joann even with a coupon, so I'm going to order then today. I'm a Prime member so free shipping. (Thanks Maggie for mentioning that you have a pair and like them)

Enjoy the day.
I hope you had a wonderful birthday.
AnneX

Post by AnneX »

lennon05

my friend and I went to A Walk in the Woods.
Not a 'great' movie but lots of fun. We certainly got our money's worth in laughs.

AnneX
lennon05

Post by lennon05 »

AnneX wrote:lennon05

my friend and I went to A Walk in the Woods.
Not a 'great' movie but lots of fun. We certainly got our money's worth in laughs.

AnneX
Thank you. My husband likes Robert Redford, but doesn't care for Nick Nolte. I know the movie looked funny from the previews.