Five Frugal Things You Did This Week

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
dlrcpa

Re: Five Frugal Things You Did This Week

Post by dlrcpa »

1. coffee w/ friends at Starbucks using a gift card. Much cheaper than lunch out.
2. Use Macy's GCs and return credit for a nice new purse, under $5 cash for the balance
3. More self-labor on the patio project. Transplanted from other areas of yard.
4. Saved $.20/gal on gasoline by buying near my parents' house.
5. Used sales & coupons while grocery shopping
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

1. Free lunch at work today (dish to pass, I brought a plate of lettuce, tomatoes, sliced onion for people to top their hamburgers/veggie burgers that were provided by employer) and I brought home some leftovers.

2. Used a coupon to get a free iced coffee.

3. Walked the dogs morning and evening to get free exercise/entertainment.

4. No use of the clothes dryer - everything hung up to dry.

5. Touched up my own hair color at home (roots) using a box of hair color bought on clearance at Dollar General for $2.60 - because the box was ripped open - and I had a $100 coupon - so $1.60 to cover the grays for a few more weeks.

and one more...

6. Found two cents while walking one of the dogs. Added it to my change jar.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

1. Rehabbed one of our armchairs by sewing new cushion covers and repairing the butt-sprung webbing in the seat. The upholstery fabric was $39 a yard originally, but marked down to $21 for 1.66 yards as a remnant. It was just barely enough for the job, but came out so nice.
2. Mended a pair of DH's work trousers so that he can get more wear out of them.
3.-5. Did all the usual: Packed my lunch and drinks to work, wore cute mostly thrifted outfits, hung the laundry to dry.
Mackie
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Five frugal things this week. Got a great buy on ground beef, 30c off/lb. Got a great deal on cat food from Petsmart, in store 1c off/can and they honored the online special resulting in $20 off my 6 cases. Did a BOGO on Atkins, $4 savings on 2. Raised the night time house temperature to 85F meaning no ac. Watered using my rain barrels.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Five frugal things this week. Regular saving things. I turn off the coffee pot after hubs gets his second cup of hot coffee. I don't mind if the coffee is just warm for my second and third cups. I also turn off the skillet when the food is almost done and let the heat of the skillet cook it the rest of the way. I also save the fat off ground beef to use to fry up hubs breakfast. This week I fixed 2 pairs of shoes using E6000 glue. Great stuff. I got a free bag of cat food with a coupon. Collected water in my free buckets to water plants. And I fixed the office door using materials on hand.
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

1. Did 2 loads of laundry in cold water using less soap than "recommended", diluted fabric softener (that stuff is so STRONG) and hung everything up to dry. I experimented with doing whites in cold instead of hot (I use bleach in my whites) and they came out just as clean.

2. Listed several things for sale online. Two are sold and getting picked up tomorrow.

3. Stocked up on a lot of staple items using a Save A Lot gift card that I got for doing their survey.

4. Found more stuff in the garage to add to the yard sale my mom and I are having in a few weeks. The trunk and back seat of my car are full! Best part - this is all stuff that the EX left behind or that was here (in the garage) when I moved in.

5. Purchased two bags of chopped salad mix that were discounted from $2.99 to $1.49 because the "sell by" date is tomorrow. They contain kale, carrots, cabbage, etc. I will make soup with them on Sunday.