Daily check in May 3, 2016

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily check in May 3, 2016

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. I have been awake since 3:30 AM. Read my book for about an hour and finally decided to get up. We have another chilly damp day ahead of us..Not much going on other than a few household chores.
Have a lovely day everyone. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
mbrudnic

Re: Daily check in May 3, 2016

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
Chilly here too. Getting ready to head to the office. I need to at least take some breakfast with me if not lunch.

DS's rehearsal have been moved to after school so he will be home for dinner last night. SO I need to rethink tonight's meal. I can also swing by and pick up picture prints.

I did not work on my quilt last night.

Have a great day,
Maggie
rinty

Post by rinty »

Morning folks, no work today so I had a lie in til 6.30 am ; )

Dang body clock.

Today will be busy, I've had a major electrolysis session already and shopped for some stuff I can get out that way. Exciting stuff like scissors (£1.99 for 3 pairs patterned with oranges and lemons ) CUTE, and needed, the small ones can go in the bathroom and the 2 bigger ones are perfect kitchen scissors. Also got some placemats. CANNOT find any of those thick rush mat things you could always pick up anywhere...............DID find similar calling themselves " water hyacinth place mats" at an eye watering £12.99 for 4 but gave those a miss :shock:

Went to the post office, registered DGS at his new school and generally ran errands. Nice to feel you've accomplished something. 2 loads washing also done. I have decided to suck it up that DH and I have different cleaning styles and make sure I do things my way on my day off.

So the man can't wash down a wall..........he has other mad skillz so I'll keep him : )

Finally need to phone the dentist. I STILL have severe pain re this extraction. I never take OTC meds normally and this in insane. I am bored of eating liquid or mashed, soft food.

VERY BORED INDEED.

The weather here is bright but cold, need to water the plants in the greenhouse and I do want to plant up some pots........I "frugalled" and didn't do Spring planters So I feel justified in doing Summer ones. We have grown on some plants from seed anf I know what I need from the garden centres, my DSF is a wonderful gardener and we follow his lead in doing planters.

Also need to decide whether to take this offered job once and for all, not fair to keep them hanging on after their offer last Friday.

Dinner will be venison pie for DH , I will get the gravy with carrots, new potatoes and spring cabbage.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning frugals,

Rain is expected later today. Although the sun is out, the air is heavy and the bird songs seems a bit muted. Yesterday, I blew through the errand running in the am. I was surprised that errand running was so tiring. I did a bit of this and that and then decided about 2 pm that I needed a boost, so I took a no doz. It kicked in after a bit and I got a bit more accomplished before dark. I generally feel that my thyroid meds a bit low if I run out of steam in the pm. I will watch it for a few days and see if it is a pattern.

I talked to the handyman due to come this weekend. I pointed out it was Mother's Day. He said that would not be a problem for him. It is not for me either. I hope I made a good choice based on a recommendation. The last flooring estimate is in. This guy said that a floating floor is a no go if we expect to use a wheelchair in the future. The motorized ones are too heavy and risk damaging a floating floor. We need to go with a glue down. The price seems fair, but now I need to go back and get a couple of estimates for a glue down.

Today, I will go to my pasta store for pasta and fresh fruit. I will get a bit of cheap hamburger meat as well. I will plant the seeds that I put to soak last night. I have found an overnight soak increases the speed of germination. Some of these seeds are a bit old and may not sprout at all. At the least, getting rid of old seed packets reduces clutter. Gardening last year was lost with the move. I will continue to dig dirt out of the drainage ditch and do fill in, a little everyday. Plant some free amaryllis bulbs and work on the mulch. Create my dry closet for winter clothes. I have whittled down my email to self list nicely. Time to add a few more.

Well, off to head for the store. Happy frugal day all.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

We are very cold for this time of year. The temperature now is 58º F (14.44º C) Our high today is predicted to be 77º F (25º C). This is quite a bit below normal.

I am very tired today. I have towels in the washer, I also finally folded and put away the last load of towels. The top rack is almost full the bottom one almost empty. I have had a lot of soup the last few days.

I ordered more small flat rate boxes. I have just one left.

I finished knitting and embroidering the Lego Block for my grandson’s birthday. I am knitting the second vase this one is for my other granddaughter. She will be having her wisdom teeth pulled later this month. I knit the tiny Roses last month.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

Sunny and it looks to be a very nice day ahead. I honestly think spring has sprung and is here to stay now...Perhaps we will even just head right into summer as if the temperatures predicted are correct they are more June like than May like.

Not quite as busy a day today, though I do have a fair sized list of chores to get through. Most of the chores will only take a little bit of time each and so I will definitely be done them by mid morning. Kitty litter patrol, and sweeping the floor (two of the chores) do not take long to complete.

I finished one sock last night while watching the television and have started the second. I have a funny feeling that this leftover yarn will make more then 2 pairs of socks.... Might have a sock making month shortly.

Frugality wise the same old, same old will be happening here. Now that the screens are on all the windows I am hopeful of keeping the house cool for awhile without air conditioning.

Hubby is going to seed the peas, beans, and onions today in the garden. I really am amazed he bought peas again as every year he says we don't get enough to make it worth our while and every year he buys new seed. I love fresh peas.

Supper is going to be a bag of the leftover beef roast from Sunday. I am not sure what I want to make with it, but I do have some sour cream that needs using so perhaps a stroganoff (I can never spell that correctly) served over noodles along with some fresh veggies for dipping.

Today I am grateful that fishing season will be starting up again soon and Hubby will get to take himself off when he gets a bit bored, instead of picking on me.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/