Daily Check In May 18, 2016

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In May 18, 2016

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning

Off to get some coffee. Tired, sore and cranky. Back in a moment or three.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In May 18, 2016

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

A restless sleep, a Hubby that decided he wanted the whole bed (not just a portion of it), and a sore back from planting yesterday (still have more to do today), all contributed to my being a tad grouchy this morning. Adding to the stiffness from yesterday, I decided that the loveseat was the best option when Hubby decided he wanted all the bed.... not so.

Hopefully things will start cooperating this morning and I can get all the work done I want done (like all the flowers and herbs planted and probably more soil bought). I do plan on going for a short walk this morning to see if I loosen up a bit, but have to wait for my call from my brother. Hope the call is early this time.

After the pots and baskets are all done I hope to get a bit of cleaning done in the house, but I will see if I feel up to it when I get that far. For now I will just do the necessary to do list jobs of kitty litter patrol, dusting, and making a grocery list for tomorrow.

Pulling the Birokes (Cabbage bread) out of the freezer for supper tonight. I will probably want something very easy and quick. It also cleans out the freezer a tad more.

Today I am grateful that I don't hurt more considering all the bending and stretching I have been doing.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
rinty

Post by rinty »

Morning Jackie and All.

Third day off in a row and its been bliss. Well apart from this sodding tooth pain. It gets worse ( beyond painful ) after a long car ride and I needed to go to a review for DS at his day service. So arrived, with a pulsing face and slitty eyes , dosed to the eyeballs having stopped and filled myself with meds at a service station on the way. So trotted back to the dentist for a fiddle about and asked had I been listed as URGENT on the hospital maxiofacial appt. Yes, apparently...........no idea what URGENT looks like time wise. But I really can't drive further than 1/2 hour so this has GOT to be sorted soon.

DS review was amazing, he has done so well there and they are WONDERFUL. They "get" him and manage him perfectly. LOVE THEM. Yay for day services, and they are affordable too.

Wanted to visit newest grandbaby but just couldn't drive there so that was sad : (

Played with a visiting grandchild instead.

Really pleased at what has got done these three days though, very satisfying. The garden and allotment have been seen to , the laundry is DONE and dusted even those annoying things that linger at the very bottom of the laundry basket.....in my case a table runner that needed handwashing as its beaded and its a PIG to iron.

Food has been nice even those its been Mushy ( see Sodding Tooth Pain above ) I made a game casserole with pigeon, rabbit, venison ands some other game bird, think it was pheasant. AMAZINGLY rich gravy, loved it.

I sorted out the craft room yet again and sorted out some packs to craft with at the care home when and if I get the chance.

ANYWAY, lovely to have some time to myself without being exhausted. DH is feeling much better in himself and it was great getting those little extras done as well.

Weather has been nice, its rainy today but I was at the dentist and so didn't care, ;) the gardening is nice, everything coming up , growing well, so satisfying especially with veggie beds.

Chilli and rice tonight, back to work tomorrow. DH reckons I should not bother working and do a degree instead, I want a stash ! Maybe in 2017.

OOOOOhh, some good news though when I put on some summer clothes and they hung like a bag on me, I have lost over 10lbs !!!!!!
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

The storms came through overnight. The thunder woke me up. I unplugged the electronics The hail in the hill country was huge, it looked like Soft ball size, there were huge spikes on it in the picture. There are a number of streets closed due to flooding. Along with a large number of power outages. I didn’t lose power last night.

I am tired today, but nothing like yesterday. I was able to sleep until almost 6 am. I do hurt more then usual, mostly the arthritis in my feet. The front is almost on top of us. We will have disturbances come through over the next several days.

I have dishes to do. As I filled the dish drainer yesterday with mostly pots and pans. I finished a second Tiny Robot, pictures coming.

Penny
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Morning frugals,

High humidity, cloudy and occasional spitting rain is the weather this morning. But I headed out early to the grocery store. I had a $5 coupon that was expiring and there are somethings I buy from this store. So a bit of stock up. I met the $30 minimum and used the coupon. Got another as well. With this purchase, the fuel perks are now 10c a gallon which is good since I need gas. Get that this afternoon. So a frugal start to the day.

Plan for the day is simple. Eat breakfast, wash dishes by hand, cut plastic cover for the winter closet. The winter closet is a way to store winter stuff that may get moldy in the high humidity of summer here. I didn't do this last summer and it was not pretty. I also decided to plastic cover the fireplace to reduce a source of humidity. Well that is the plan. Then I have dance class at 3 pm and an evening dance class at 6:30 pm. Since it will be a rush, I am going to cook chicken and make chicken salad before I leave for my 3 pm class. Then it will be ready to eat when I get home around 4:30pm.

I have been reading about diy to save eye shadow. I will try it as soon as I can get the required rubbing alcohol. I figure the alcohol will also reduce the possibility of bacteria in my old eye shadow. The idea is to get the old eye shadow, crush it and mix it with alcohol to make a paste. The alcohol evaporates and a new fresh eye shadow is created. Also read about several uses for beef fat. Thinking on that.

I got two of those free dinner seminar things. I wonder who is selling my name. Nonetheless, one is reasonably close and I will probably go to it. Free food.

Dinner plan is chicken salad. I had planned on a different presentation of the chicken with jalapenos, but that will have to wait until tomorrow when I have more time to cook. Once I open a chicken family pack, it is chicken for a couple of days. Not a problem since chicken is so versatile.

Have a good frugal day everyone.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Once I got to sleep last night it was bliss!!! Woke up to the sound of a chain saw...across the road, neighbor taking out more of his dead/dying green ash trees. Sad really as it really cuts his shade and tree population. I have 2 more that have to come down eventually but fiancé says they are okay as they are for awhile. I hate losing trees.
I feel sooooo much better today, just have the "aura" of the fibro flare, hopefully it will pass soon. The sun is shining and it is NOT raining!!!Supposed to get up in the high 60's so that is a huge plus. Might put cleaning windows on the list.....really need to take it easier for a day, but it is so tempting.
IF it doesn't rain for a bit I will run the mini tiller in the garden, so much rain brings the baby weeds.
Need to thaw ?? something for the grill tonight, might stay simple an go with burgers and sweet potato fries, salad and cookies if wanted for something sweet.
Have a great day all,
JCKitty