Daily Check In Sept. 10, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check In Sept. 10, 2015

Post by jckitty » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:40 pm

Good afternoon all,

Perfect weather day, I am very pleased with the amount of chores I was able to finish. Had to come in this afternoon as the neighbor started cutting hay, I can't breathe that or I will have a terrible allergy attack . It's okay, I had things to do inside also. I finally got the furnace filters changed and washed, also loaded the crawl space with what I call mouse cookies. Found lots of them left from last time I loaded them. Better to have too many is my motto!

I got all of the plants repotted and ready to come into the house, we are having cooler nights so it is time. Clipped all of the "spent" perennials and got them in shape. Pressure washed decks and patio in prep for painting. Have made some decisions over what to do to the decks next year, I think I will be re facing them and adding trellis work at the bases. I have some outside work ahead of me next year. Plans are made. Hope to start in early spring so as to have it all ready and enjoyable for summer.

Weather is supposed to be cool/cold this weekend so I plan to burn the brush pile, good time for a glass of wine and a fire. may even make a pot of chili.

Need to call the recipients of the repotted plants, hey all had starts and babies so they need to go to new homes.
Picked tomatoes again, plants are dry and dying. Hope we get some rain tonight will loosen the soil around the beets. Zucchinis seem to be done, can't say I am sorry.

Off to read the forum and catch up on everything ya'll are up too!
Have a great evening all,
JCKitty

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:25 pm

Maggie would know best because she deals with that stuff every day, but I was extremely displeased with what Windows 10 did to my laptop. It's basically taken every spare minute of the past two days to get it back to bare-bones functioning.
Mackie

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:20 am

LOL Y'All,

I have upgraded both of my personal laptops to Windows 10 and have not had any issue. Mackeral Cat, do you still have any proof of purchase for your Office package, the code? If you can retrieve that, you should be able to re-load office. Of course my work computer is still Windows 7.

Maggie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:00 am

Like you neither Hubby or I have had any problems with the functioning of Window's 10. I don't know if I like it more than Windows 7 (with all major upgrades), but Hubby loves it over Windows 8.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:46 pm

Jackielou wrote:Like you neither Hubby or I have had any problems with the functioning of Window's 10. I don't know if I like it more than Windows 7 (with all major upgrades), but Hubby loves it over Windows 8.
I do want it for my laptop. It has windows 8 and I never really cared for it.

But still waiting for it to be sent to that machine.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:23 pm

Maggie, Office came with the laptop, and I'm not sure where the documentation is. We've had the laptop a very long time.
Mackie