Daily Check in Sept 11, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Sept 11, 2015

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks,

Busy day yesterday. weeks ago a big all-day meeting was planned at the Technology center at the ball park and then watching a baseball game afterwards, but the meeting had to be postponed, but my immediate supervisor still came into town and we still had tickets to the ball game. It kept me up later than usual, which is good to help break my cycle of fall asleep between 8:30 and ( and waking up at 3:30 AM. I did wake at 2:30 but actually fell back asleep and woke to Hubby's alarm.

Watching the weather and it will be cool and possibly rainy for the football game tonight. DS said "we might have to bring the ponchos". I presented the idea of rain ponchos a few years ago and the coats we used for rain are too hot for nights like these. They are good for 40's & 50's.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Sept 11, 2015

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

I will be waking hubby up shortly. Then it will be get dishes done, cat food and treats set out, extra kitty litter set up, (Hubby can pack the car during this) and we will be off.

First stop will be to oldest DS's. He has a staff function, but we are to phone him and he will meet us at his place.

Lord, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...if I have guess we will have to do without.

Don't know how good the wifi will be so I might not see you all for a few days.

Today I am thankful that it is a beautiful day to start our trip.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Good morning everyone. I had forgotten today was 9/11 until I overheard DH watching TV last night. Now I am in a somber mood.

I have a busy weekend ahead getting ready for outside house painting next week. Tonight I want to cut down the bean plants and remaining pumpkin vine. I haul all of the debris home for yard waste pick-up, so less to clean up later. I will bring home the 3 (small) orange pumpkins. 2 remaining small pumpkins are still half-green and will stay in the sunshine there and hopefully finish ripening.

Last night I made red clam sauce using most of the cherry tomatoes, we also had green beans from the garden. Today's lunch is a leftover stuffed pepper. Tonight I'm making potato-squash-ham-cheese soup, and there is leftover garlic bread. Not sure about the weekend meal plan, better put on my thinking cap.

I hope everyone has a peaceful day.
AnneX

Post by AnneX »

Good Morning:

Normally i would be at my volunteer job at the hospital this morning, but can't do it this week after my gum surgery, not because i'm not physically up to it, but because I can't wear my flipper that covers the gap where my implant is. Hoping by Monday I'll feel confident enough to put in the temporary 'tooth slipcover" my dentist made me and then I will feel more comfortable out in public.

I'm glad i invited my friend over for coffee yesterday. I think she enjoyed sitting on my balcony and I appreciated the company. I gave her all the ripe tomatoes off my tomato plants as i can''t eat them right now. Also some basil, chives and thyme.

I got some papers sorted for shredding yesterday - still much more of that to do. I'll do some more today.

Last night I made a fall wreath for my door - won't put it up yet though - it's still summer and in Canada we try to hold on to it as long as possible.

In a while I'll go to the grocery store for a few items - trying to get lots of vegetables, fibre and protein sources into my soft diet. Glad I don't have to stick to liquids, pudding and yogurt. Those sweet things get cloying very quickly. Hope i don't meet people I know as it's hard to remember to smile with closed mouth and talk without showing teeth.

I have plenty to do here at home, but crave contact with others. i will phone my friend who had implant surgery the other day to see how she is getting on and also another friend who has been supporting her friend through her father's illness.

I think I'll make some pesto today and freeze it. And for a fun project I'll do a little art.

Take care,
AnneX
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Yesterday was a super busy day, AT&T came in the morning, they had to come back but I didn’t realize I had a problem until afternoon.

I got 3 packages 1 delivered by UPS the second by FedEx. The last 2 didn’t come until almost 6 PM.

I put my trash out. I had much more then usual. I had a Walmart bag in addition to my usual white kitchen bag. I put the largest carton out too. The carton was crushed, it wasn’t well packed. Because of that it was difficult to flatten.

I looked behind my couch and discovered a maze of cables there. I removed as much of the extra phone cable in the bedroom as I could, part of it was caught behind my dresser. I just cut the visible cable. It was so badly twisted there was no point in trying to save it.

I am not sure about the extra cables behind my couch.

I would like to wash one of the other 2 new sets of sheets I bought for my bed. They are not great, but you can’t compare today’s sheets to the percale sheets they used to make. I wish I could still buy percale but you can’t.

Penny
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Good morning mbrudnic and all. Must be nice to go to a ball game, mbrudnic. I'm not really one for watching sports on tv (unless it's soccer) but I'll watch almost anything live. Fun experience.

Today I will try to get the dishwasher running before our playdate. My son is really looking forward to playing with some other kids!

Tonight I will make a chicken caesar salad using prepackaged ingredients. I'm finally clearing off all these dishes that have been on my counters.