Daily Check in Sept 11, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
delighted99

Re: Daily Check in Sept 11, 2015

Post by delighted99 »

AnneX wrote:Good Morning:

Normally i would be at my volunteer job at the hospital this morning, but can't do it this week after my gum surgery, not because i'm not physically up to it, but because I can't wear my flipper that covers the gap where my implant is. Hoping by Monday I'll feel confident enough to put in the temporary 'tooth slipcover" my dentist made me and then I will feel more comfortable out in public.

I'm glad i invited my friend over for coffee yesterday. I think she enjoyed sitting on my balcony and I appreciated the company. I gave her all the ripe tomatoes off my tomato plants as i can''t eat them right now. Also some basil, chives and thyme.

I got some papers sorted for shredding yesterday - still much more of that to do. I'll do some more today.

Last night I made a fall wreath for my door - won't put it up yet though - it's still summer and in Canada we try to hold on to it as long as possible.

In a while I'll go to the grocery store for a few items - trying to get lots of vegetables, fibre and protein sources into my soft diet. Glad I don't have to stick to liquids, pudding and yogurt. Those sweet things get cloying very quickly. Hope i don't meet people I know as it's hard to remember to smile with closed mouth and talk without showing teeth.

I have plenty to do here at home, but crave contact with others. i will phone my friend who had implant surgery the other day to see how she is getting on and also another friend who has been supporting her friend through her father's illness.

I think I'll make some pesto today and freeze it. And for a fun project I'll do a little art.

Take care,
AnneX
Hi Anne,

Recovering from major dental stuff is no picnic. Hang in there!
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning!!

Dog is walked and I have had my swim.

My nephew and his wife are fostering a couple of kids, makes it kids 5 parents 2 LOL I fb nephew to see if I could call later today because I thought that it was son's bday, it's daughters she is starting pre kidder garden and is very excited. I'll call later today. In my defense of wrong kids bday I have not meet them yet. They live 2 states away. :-) My dh is up, very early for him, he is an owl, but the heat woke him up. He is making his coffee now and then I will have the kitchen back.

I am trying the sour dough bread again, last time it was not as good as the time before. :-(

IC
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hope all my frugal friends are having a good day. I slept in a bit -- having company for two days wore me out -- and am doing laundry and a bit of housecleaning.

Yesterday evening I finally got the two big boxes of family photos from DH's family, my family and our family winnowed down to two small file boxes. While we were at it, DH and I cleaned out and rearranged the small closet in the den. Today I need to purge and shred a couple of files from the filing cabinet. That's the last item on the declutter list that started back in the spring.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

We had some nice rain yesterday, so no watering today or yard work either. I need a break.

I planted some new grass yesterday. It was being eaten by grub worms, so I also treated the yard for that. Good thing it rained. I did water it in. The COD told me to water and then he said our water bill was almost 200! I told him - told you so. Too bad.

I've vacuumed already. Don't feel like mopping, but guess that will get done later too.

Going to high school football game tonight. Highly disappointed in the concession stand food. Main reason I go - lol.

Have a great day all.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

itspennyc wrote:

I would like to wash one of the other 2 new sets of sheets I bought for my bed. They are not great, but you can’t compare today’s sheets to the percale sheets they used to make. I wish I could still buy percale but you can’t.

Penny
Penny, I totally agree with you about percale sheets.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote:
itspennyc wrote:

I would like to wash one of the other 2 new sets of sheets I bought for my bed. They are not great, but you can’t compare today’s sheets to the percale sheets they used to make. I wish I could still buy percale but you can’t.

Penny
Penny, I totally agree with you about percale sheets.
I found several websites that sell percale sheets. They are still out there.

I haven't purchased sheets in a long time. I just keep washing the old ones. With all these animals, why bother with new.

But I have seen high priced sheet sets at places like Tuesday Morning and Ross Dress for Less. King sized with original prices listed at $600!

The percales sheets I saw online were pricy - 70 or more for just the flat sheet. But then look how long they last. Amortize that over the life of the sheet.