Daily Check In September 13

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
11cats2beagles

Daily Check In September 13

Post by 11cats2beagles » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:36 am

Good Morning Frugal Friends.

Slept till 7:00. Tied the dogs out for awhile then fed all the critters.

Have chicken with cream of mushroom soup going in the slow cooker and did a few little chores. Other than that, a nice relaxing day of reading for me. :-)

Completed a mystery shop yesterday and got my report submitted last night, as well as catching up on online surveys, points programs, etc.

Second day of cooler temps and a steady rain. I rather like it - makes me feel ready for autumn and want to go apple picking!

Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday!

dlrcpa

Re: Daily Check In September 13

Post by dlrcpa » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:26 am

Good morning. I shopped at CVS and Safeway this morning, did a good job of using coupons and Extrabucks deals. Still more items on my list though, will have to go to another store during the week. It is partly cloudy and quite cool today. I need to clean the wood bench on the front porch and bring it in. No word on when the outside power wash/painting starts though. The rest of the day will just be puttering around I think. I should make a big batch of mashed potatoes and freeze some, also do some baking. Some freezer space has freed up.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

delighted99

Post by delighted99 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:35 am

Good morning, all. DH and I have been debating over how to arrange furniture at the house. He really wants a certain desk but it's large and we don't have a study. So where to put it! We don't seem to be agreeing on anything but at the same time it's so hard to tell what it will look like without having it around yet.

AnneX

Post by AnneX » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:42 am

Good Morning:

i got a better sleep last night than I have had for several days, but don't feel particularly perky, probably because of the grey, windy, wet and cold weather.

I'm not planning anything much today. Just want to finish the shredding I started last night. do a little vacuuming and generally tidy up the place so I am ready for a new week.

i'm hoping I can put in my temporary 'tooth' tomorrow for the first time since my gum graft last Tuesday, so I can start participating in my regular activities.

if i feel like getting out this afternoon, I'll take the subway to HomeSense and look for some picture frames and a basket for holding papers to be shredded with a bit more class than the plastic bin I am now using.

I had a big bowl of oatmeal for breakfast with added flax seed and oat bran. Lunch will be sausage patty, scrambled eggs and a pancake. Supper will include butternut squash I cooked last night and butterbeans mashed with cream and butter. I'm finding if I'm careful there is a pretty broad range of things I can eat.

I've been listening to music on national radio for the last several hours. Now I plan to crawl back into bed for awhile with a warm 'magic' bag at my feet, my iPad, my book and some more music.

later i need to call my 'dental buddy' and check on her progress after her implant surgery.

Hoping you all have a pleasant Sunday and a good start to a new week,

AnneX

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:02 pm

Good morning

Had to get up early to drop off my sisters at the senior center. They are going on a one week coach tour. I was supposed to go, but gave up my seat so I could stay here with the COD in case he needed anything.

I'm awake, but feel groggy and do not have much get up and go. I really should go back to sleep and just not do anything today.

It was supposed to be in the 60s this morning, but it barely made it to 69. I guess that is the 60s but I wanted really brisk weather.

Oh well, I'm sure it will be here soon.

Have a great day all.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:23 pm

My daughter has to work today, her city has an event for Grandparents day, so she is not coming over today.

I started another A-1 the blimp, this one seems to be working better. I am using a different yarn this time.

I have planned a quiet day today. I am tired today, but I cooked 2 dinners yesterday. Eating them was wonderful though. I have leftovers from both dinners. I plan to take the meat off the 2 thighs and freeze them for a casserole.

Penny