Daily Check In September 13

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In September 13

Post by MackerelCat » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:04 pm

I cleaned house like crazy yesterday. It was so lovely to have the windows open and enjoy a cool breeze. That kind of weather inspires me to clean and tidy.

DH and I have been grocery shopping this morning. We were surprised at how crowded the stores were -- Aldi had lines of people waiting to check out 2/3rds of way down the length of the store and Food Lion wasn't much better -- but I did manage to get everything on the list. Snagged a $2 coupon out of the bin at the front of Food Lion that I could use, so that was nice.

I have a bit of cooking to do today. Must make a loaf of rye bread and I might make us a homemade pizza for dinner while I'm at it.

Hope everyone has a lovely frugal day.
Mackie

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:27 pm

MackerelCat wrote:

DH and I have been grocery shopping this morning. We were surprised at how crowded the stores were
I've noticed that here, too, especially on Sunday evenings. I've learned not to go to the store on Sunday unless I have to, LOL!

Sunny and cool today. DH pulled our picnic table out of the garage to use for the neighborhood pitch-in, so took the opportunity to get rid of a few things. Not enough, but it's a start.

Watching the Colts get blown out ... got some dishes washed, have a few other chores to do before the pitch-in starts. Ah ... need to go find a covering for the table.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:01 pm

Hello fellow frugals

Been out for a hike. Checked out the town site and now we are planning activities for the next few days. Depending on the length of the excursion we may even get a couple of activities in one day.

Off to plan.

Jackie

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:40 pm

It's been ages since I went grocery shopping on a Sunday, but we had run out of bread and milk, so it was kind of necessary. The checker at Aldi said they used to have lulls in business, like on Monday afternoon, but that word seems to have gotten out and they stay busy all the time now.
Mackie

BeckyO

Post by BeckyO » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:37 pm

Late check-in

I went grocery shopping on my way home. I bought $23 worth. Campbell's soups were buy 5 and save $5So I paid $5 for 5 large cans of Chunky meat and --- Then I found Kroger's generic poppy seed dressing 2 good size bottles for $3. Gas is $1.93/gal before discounts : )

Poppy seed must be a good seller. I found 5 different brands, last time there were no bottles of any brand. Grapes green, purple or black seedless were $125 pound, got those some apples oranges and bananas, some canned diced mango, peaches and mandarin oranges.

I was on the way home from my cousin's 'after the wedding ' celebration. I met her new DH. My DB#3 and his DW, My DD#1, her DD#2 and her DD age 11, my DS#2 and his DW were all thereplus of course a 100 other people.

I delivered the books and some shipping material to DS#2 and his DW. They left going to see DD#1and her DH's new country property. He was there bush hogging. He had rented the machine for 2 days and needed to return it by morning.

It is possible that my apt AC is on the fritz. I turned it of and waited awhile to turn it back on . We'll see.

I am tired, tired, tired.... Have a good night...

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:06 pm

Hello,
I stopped in the middle of a post and waited too long. It was a very unfrugal weekend. I renewed registration on all three cars on line, Too Ds driving downtown and out to lunch Saturday, Sat Evening Hubby and I went to our new Cabela's and I got rain pants and a Gortex coat. I got wet at the football game Friday night. Today after Church I took DS to Kohl's to find black pants. He found a sweater he liked and I will wrap it up for his birthday next week. Then to &#@!'s Sporting Goods for a new Hoody. He had a gift card from a Christmas present we returned last year. Then this evening I paid for his extra curricula band at the college. They will most likley have a tour to Australia for band members. We told Ds if he wanted to go that he needed to pay for half. When he said he did not have that much money, I told him he was turning 16 shortly and could go find a job. He has Mon & Wed after school free, most Saturdays and During the day Sundays available to work.

Maggie