Daily Check in Sept 14, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
colonialgirl

Re: Daily Check in Sept 14, 2015

Post by colonialgirl »

Hey frugals - end of the day check in.

Another day in the life of the Poor and Inconsequential. I was up early today to get the trash and recycling out. I must be making progress on getting things in order as I had 3 bags of trash - normally have only a half one. Then it was on to get hubs up and ready for his therapy. That went well. He has been having pain not from his hip but from using his knee post op. Apparently that is not unusual. He goes back to work tomorrow.

On the way home we stopped and got groceries and after they were put away we were ready for our nap. I got caught up in a little quilter mystery book afterward so I have accomplished very little.

Reorganized and decluttered the fridge yesterday. Aldi's had the clear refrigerator organizers for 2.99 so I got four and got rid of the dishpans I was using. You had to take them out completely to see what was in there. These are the same bins that sell at Bed Bath an Beyond for 19.99 - so it was a really good deal. And it makes things easier to be able to visualize everything in the refrigerator.

Dinner tonight is left over grilled hotdogs with chips. I am LAZEEEEEY today. Have a great evening all.

PS - I know I am old. I only recognize three of the Stars on Dancing with the Stars. Who the heck are these people?
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

CG, I look through People magazine at the hair salon and don't recognize 90 percent of the celebs in it. So I'll join you in being old. :)

I saw those bins at Aldi and may go back for a couple. The bins I'm using now for washed produce -- DH is a grab and go eater, and having the produce ready to consume means he eats much healthier -- are too wide and we lose some use of the bottom shelf of the fridge.
Mackie
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Same here Mackey out of sight, out of mind. And People, which I read monthly at the hairdressers is often a mystery to me. Who are Kendra and Hank? I have never heard of half these folks!