Daily Check in Sept 16, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in Sept 16, 2015

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackie, have a good, safe trip home.

Hi everyone,

I enjoyed dinner at the Thai restaurant with friends last night and just finished my lunch of the leftover Pad Thai. Yum.

This morning I picked up a few books at the library and went to CVS (used $3 in birthday ECBs) for cereal. I stopped at mom's house to go through her mail. She did not need anything at the grocery store so we will go later in the week.

On the way home I stopped at the bank to make deposits to my account and mom's account. On the last bank statement they listed "changes" that will go into effect in November. One was a $5 charge for a printed statement. I wondered if that meant a $5 monthly charge for a printed statement but the teller said no. They will charge only if you request an extra statement for some reason. I am old fashioned and like a printed monthly bank statement which of course I could print myself and would do so if there was going to be a monthly charge.

Have a good day.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

rinty wrote:Hey Frugals,

Colonialgirl, I swear I thought your Dh was already retired.

Got a free lunch at work ( horrible day AT work, mind you ) so brought my cheese and Marmite sandwich home. I dipped it in beaten egg and fried it for dinner......Love eggy bread and its cold, wet and windy. Apparently theres an actual weather warning as the rain is so torrential. Yick.

DH has been laid up with a fever/cellulitus again so not eating much, hence my just doing the eggy bread, no sense cooking properly as he has no appetite. I just keep fluids in him. The dog is staking out our bedroom " I'm here for you, Master !"

Bless.

Paid bills, crunched numbers, helped kids re childcare. Spent Nuthin'. It seems tasteless to be buying "stuff" with all that is going on in the world, so its food and petrol only.

I did Do a Fall Mantel, which I'm very pleased with but I shopped At Home.......old, antique, salt glazed bottles mixed with mini pumpkins, Fall scented candles, glass acorns and burnished metal mixed leaves. Changed the picture over the mantel to a more autumnal theme. Lovely to have a fireplace. I have put 2 throws out......which DH is now snuggled up in.
Rinty,

I see what you mean about the new UK Labour leader you mentioned the other day. I read that he refused to sing your national anthem at the service for the Battle of Britain yesterday and it sounds like he was dressed in a mismatched way. Sheesh! I also read he might not wear a poppy for Remembrance Sunday. (I am always so impressed with how people in the UK honor veterans, wearing poppies and the poppy exhibit at the Tower of London last year.) How in the world did this guy get a leadership role.

colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Rinty - your decorations sound lovely. Nope -hubs not retired, just me. You will probably hear about when he retires on the news - you know - Illinois woman buries husband in backyard type of thing. ha

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon everyone,

I wasn't called into work today but thoroughly enjoyed having a day off work. I was very content to just stay home and get caught up on things at home and enjoy the yard on this beautiful, warm day. I managed to get all the floors vacuumed and mopped today. This was something that was bothering me.

Dh went for 9 holes of golf and then wanted to go off to NoFrills to pick up some frozen fruit that they will price match. So he hauled me along so we could pick up 8 bags as the limit was 4. While there I also got them to price match the Kraft peanut butter and got the butter which was on sale. I believe today is the last day of the sale.

Yesterday was dd's birthday - she turned 23 and dh and I were quite sentimental about this special day. Sometimes we wonder where all the time has passed. We have now been in our current home for 24 years.

Need to get suppper preparations going - hope everyone has a nice evening!

Creative :lol: :lol:

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

good morning!!!

Dog walked, my swim in the pool done, I wonder how much longer I will be able to use the pool this year, (we don't heat it)

Baked some cookies for my friend tomorrow, my bil and I are going to my friends play, she is art of the senior center drama group, there plays are always so good.

tonight my dh and I are going out to celebrate our 32nd wedding annv. The annv is really tomorrow, but since I am going to my friends play we are going tonight.

IC

rinty

Post by rinty »

floridacatlover wrote:
rinty wrote:Hey Frugals,

Colonialgirl, I swear I thought your Dh was already retired.

Got a free lunch at work ( horrible day AT work, mind you ) so brought my cheese and Marmite sandwich home. I dipped it in beaten egg and fried it for dinner......Love eggy bread and its cold, wet and windy. Apparently theres an actual weather warning as the rain is so torrential. Yick.

DH has been laid up with a fever/cellulitus again so not eating much, hence my just doing the eggy bread, no sense cooking properly as he has no appetite. I just keep fluids in him. The dog is staking out our bedroom " I'm here for you, Master !"

Bless.

Paid bills, crunched numbers, helped kids re childcare. Spent Nuthin'. It seems tasteless to be buying "stuff" with all that is going on in the world, so its food and petrol only.

I did Do a Fall Mantel, which I'm very pleased with but I shopped At Home.......old, antique, salt glazed bottles mixed with mini pumpkins, Fall scented candles, glass acorns and burnished metal mixed leaves. Changed the picture over the mantel to a more autumnal theme. Lovely to have a fireplace. I have put 2 throws out......which DH is now snuggled up in.
Rinty,

I see what you mean about the new UK Labour leader you mentioned the other day. I read that he refused to sing your national anthem at the service for the Battle of Britain yesterday and it sounds like he was dressed in a mismatched way. Sheesh! I also read he might not wear a poppy for Remembrance Sunday. (I am always so impressed with how people in the UK honor veterans, wearing poppies and the poppy exhibit at the Tower of London last year.) How in the world did this guy get a leadership role.
Ohmygosh, YES ! Isn't he horrendous, he's like some spotty kid saying " NO, don't WANT to....." And in this case, it was a memorial to soldiers who DIED for Britain, could he have picked a more insulting time ??? Please note, he is/or can be a member of the Privy Council, that is he will be meeting the Queen, what is he going to do then, turn his back on her and sulk ?????? Intellectual Pygmy.

He is the Ultimate Refusenik, which apparently appealed to those who voted for him. Hes an embarrassment. Hes got NO answers, just......."your way is wrong!" He reduced Prime Ministers Questions to a phone in show this week, he asked voters to send in their questions rather than HE question David Cameron. " So, Mary from London wants to know why we don't build enough council houses ??"

ARRRRGGGHHH. A strong country needs a strong government and a strong opposition. Labour didn't win cos none of us sane folk trusted them with the economy.......so they got rid of THAT leader, ran round like headless chickens and came us with THIS GUY. During the campaign, I thought he was almost amusing in his naivety (sp?) now I think hes a nasty little troll who could bugger up my country.....lets hope his own party voted him out SOON.
Last edited by rinty on Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.