How Do You Listen To Music?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

How Do You Listen To Music?

Post by floridacatlover » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:47 pm

I am not a big music lover by any stretch but lately I enjoy listening to soothing music when I read. So a simple question. What device do you use to listen to music?

When I was trying out the Amazon Echo (now called Amazon Alexa) for my mom, I could just say, "Play Classical for Reading from Prime Music" or something like that. (I'm a member of Amazon Prime.) But now my mom has the Amazon Echo device.

So now I could listen to my old CDs on an old boombox. Or I could listen on my iPod (but I can never keep those earbuds in). Or I can listen through my iPad I think. Or I could turn on the radio. I'm wondering if a Bluetooth speaker is what I should get but I'm not really sure how that works.

So how do you listen to music.

colonialgirl

Re: How Do You Listen To Music?

Post by colonialgirl » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:43 pm

I listen to music all the time. have a bose music system and I either listen to the radio or cds. I also download music to my computer and hubs just bought me an ipod for my last birthday so I can download my music to that and play through the Bose. Bose sounds like an orchestra is right in the room with me. I only buy songs when they are on sale for 69 cents. I like that I can buy one song I want without purchasing a whole album of songs I never heard of or wanted. But I have to figure out using the ipod and I have not had time to play with it.

In the car, I use Sirius. I got it for free when we bought the car and fell in love with it, but was not going to renew because - well I am cheap. But hubs said it would be one of my Christmas gifts from him, so I got the narrowed down, $5 per month version. i cannot believe there are people who pay $30 a month for radio, no matter how good it is. He was happy to be able to buy me something I wanted and I do enjoy it a lot.

I have never been able to stand headphones or sets or ear buds- I just don't like something like that in my ear. I think Ipads need a additional speaker as the ones in there are not loud enough.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:06 pm

I mostly listen in my car. Mine has a connector for my iPod. Hubby has a Bose Wireless speaker that he runs his iPad through. Sounds great. He has the $199.00 one.

I think I am getting DS the $125 version for his as his birthday present, so I cannot tell you how the 2 compare. Hubby's is small. Slighly smaller than your typical brick. Very lightweight but puts out a lot of sound.

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:20 pm

I mostly just listen to it the old fashioned way - on the radio in the car or in the kitchen while I'm preparing dinner. Once in a while I'll listen to you tube while on my laptop, usually with ear phones. Best not to use ear phones too much though as almost everyone listens too loud.

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:21 pm

Laptop, Pandora. :-)

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:38 pm

mbrudnic wrote:I mostly listen in my car. Mine has a connector for my iPod. Hubby has a Bose Wireless speaker that he runs his iPad through. Sounds great. He has the $199.00 one.

I think I am getting DS the $125 version for his as his birthday present, so I cannot tell you how the 2 compare. Hubby's is small. Slighly smaller than your typical brick. Very lightweight but puts out a lot of sound.
Maggie, So is this the one your DH uses with his iPad?

https://www.bose.com/products/speakers/ ... ni_ii.html

It sounds like I would be able to control my Amazon music playlist from the iPad and wirelessly send it to the Bose speaker. Is that correct? I probably won't buy it for a month or two - maybe for Christmas. So let me know how your DS likes the less expensive one. Thanks.