Daily Check in Sept 18 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Sept 18 2015

Post by Jackielou »

Congratulations Snowangel.

snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Thank You!

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Shopper wrote: "Get regular physicals, If you are the age for it, get your colonoscopy and mammograms, etc. If you notice spotting or bleeding, get your cute little self to the doctor immediately. If I had waited, I could have been the woman getting her 34th Chemo treatment (or the one who never had a chance to make it that far) "

You are spot on my dear. I am post menopausal and started to have some bleeding in April. Got to the gynecologist within the week, ultrasound and set up for surgery. They discovered an ovarian cyst so I went for a partial hysterectomy and D & C on May 26th. Surgery took one hour. Pathology showed abnormal cell growth in my uterus. I was then sent to a gynecologic oncologist who scheduled me for surgery on July 1st to finish the job. This second surgery took over two hours and five small incisions on my tummy.

Final report, precancer cells, no spreading. So it took two surgeries but no further treatment has been required. Oh and the ovarian cyst was benign but no doubt was a factor in the abnormal cell growth and bleeding. I just had my girls checked a week ago. No report yet which likely means no news is good news! I really dodged a major bullet! I had my eyes checked yesterday and all is well there too. My tuneups are done for another year. I am so glad you and I are both here to talk about "How I spent My Summer".

Been a busy hectic day today. First work and then I had to take DD to emergency she was spiking a fever. They are keeping her 24 hours for observation so I should know more tomorrow. Meanwhile DS has also come down with a fever and probably won't go to work. Two sick adult kids and a 94 year old mother who needs care. I need a clone.

Hopefully the weekend will be quiet and I can at least vacuum the house.

Bev

colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Shopper -
So sorry to hear about your illness. Cancer is a &#@!? - pardon my language, but it is true. Wishing you all the best on your road to recovery. It sounds like you are on your way!

ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

My brother was found to have pancreatic cancer last week and elected not to have chemo. He went thru it with his wife and at his age (92) decided to just let nature take its course. The drs will just keep him comfortable.

colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

I am so sorry to hear this Owned. Even though 92 is a wonderful long life, we are never ready to give them up. I lost my brother 8 years ago to lung cancer and it never stops being weird to be without a sibling. Sending you prayers.