I lost my husband yesterday

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: I lost my husband yesterday

Post by littlemiss63 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:09 pm

Lennon,

You have been in my thoughts a lot over the past week. Like Mackie says counseling may be what your son needs. Hospice has a great counseling program in most areas of the country and I don't think your loved one had to have been in the program to attend. Many churches over group support. Everyone grieves differently and what one may need the other person doesn't. I went to one meeting and couldn't go back. It broke my heart to see others in such pain, so I dealt with mine by support of friends and family.

There is lots to do and believe it or not having to take care of the financial things will help you keep focused. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but you have to deal. Sorry your stepdaughter had to show her a$$, but there is always one in every group. Money has a habit of bringing out the worst in people. If there is anything we can do please ask as so many of us have been there. I will continue to pray for you, but sounds like you are doing as well as can be expected.

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:13 pm

In my previous post it should have said offer support. I guess I can't spell or does it change things from time to time?

lennon05

Post by lennon05 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:43 am

Mackie, that was the same age as my husband. He would have been 59 the last day of this month.

lennon05

Post by lennon05 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:45 am

There is support offered by a local hospice. A former coworker of mine, who lost her daughter earlier this year, goes to see someone there. There is also a church in my hometown, which is 30 miles away, that offers a support group. A high school classmate, who lost her 22 year old suddenly, attends that one. I don't know if I could handle the sadness of others either.

dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:58 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this. He sounds like he was a wonderful husband. I will be thinking of you.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:41 pm

Lennon, That is way too young. I have been keeping you and your family in my thoughts. This is such a tough time.
Hugs to you and your son.
Trees