Daily Check In December 15, 2016

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In December 15, 2016

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get my caffeine fix, back in a little bit.

mbrudnic

Daily Check in Dec 15, 2016

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
Guess what happened again overnight? My furnace went out. I heard at at 3 AM. It was firing up but the blower was not running. It kept switching on and off for the next 40 minutes until I finally heard it go off with a bit of a bang. We are in single digits here this AM. Brrrrr.

Tonight after work is the office Christmas party. I think we are doing bowling and the food and drinks will be plentiful.

Have a great day,
Maggie

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In December 15, 2016

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Maggie I merged the two threads here under one, and I had posted 2 minutes before you so used that one as the beginning of the thread.

So sorry that your furnace went out again. I hope that you manage to get it up and running before the really cold and snowy weather hits.

Today I head outside, driving these snowy roads. Places to go and lots to do. I am hoping that it does not take me all morning to get everything done. Banking, shopping, post office visit, bill paying, and the list just keeps getting longer. I guess that is what happens when you don't really leave the house for a week.

Along with the busy morning (which won't get going for another hour or so) I want to get some of the household chores done before I leave. Mind you the list is not overly long so if I can get sweeping the floor, kitty litter patrol, and starting a loaf of bread in my machine done I will be a happy camper.

I under estimated how much work was left on the one ornament. I still have some back stitch to complete on it, but hopefully this will be done by late this afternoon and I can move on to the last one. I was hoping to be finished them totally by late Friday, and be putting the finishing touches on them to hang them on the tree Saturday. It isn't going to happen, but I can wish.....

Frugality wise I made a shopping list and will be sticking to said list. Spending this week and next using up food items from the fridge crispers and freezer. The definitely need to be cleaned out to make room for all the leftovers that will be appearing once the boys are home. Mind you the two of them are great about eating leftovers for lunches (taught them well) so hopefully the fridge/freezer will not get overly crowded. I also love the gift I am knitting and am seriously thinking of making myself one as well. It is knitting up quickly and looks very pretty.

Supper tonight will be some Cabbage Briokes from the freezer downstairs (I say Cabbage Bread cause it is easier and that's what the boys called it when young).

Today I am grateful that the temperature seems a bit warmer today.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Jackielou wrote:Good morning fellow frugalites,

Maggie I merged the two threads here under one, and I had posted 2 minutes before you so used that one as the beginning of the thread.

So sorry that your furnace went out again. I hope that you manage to get it up and running before the really cold and snowy weather hits.
No Problem, I forgot to look after I posted. I try to do that.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Very cold and windy here this morning. Maggie...sorry your furnace is being such a problem.

Plan to do some Christmas baking today....a good day to have the oven on.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

It is a cold day, well for here.

I typed up my instructions for knitting my Nutcracker. I have had so much fun designing and knitting him.

Today I have to pack 2 packages to mail. They will both go priority mail in Flat rate boxes. This means I don’t need my daughter to mail the box. I will be sending some things to my daughter-in-law they are heavy, I might as well get my Money’s worth from the flat rate carton postage.

I washed hand dishes last night and left them in the dish drainer overnight. This morning some of them were still wet. They are dry now so I will empty the dish drainer shortly. The only dishes in the sink right now are my breakfast dishes.

Penny