Daily Check In December 15, 2016

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
dlrcpa

Re: Daily Check In December 15, 2016

Post by dlrcpa »

Littlemiss I had a spider take up residence in the garage door electric eye "socket" and give the door fits. Or a leaf blows across when the door is coming down. Just be patient and clear the beam.

A client said they want to buy lunch for the whole office, just order and send them the bill. We had Thai food delivered. I was bad and ate the whole thing, so salad for supper.

Short work week as I am taking off all Fridays this month. Plan to be at JC Penney when the doors open Friday - they are handing out coupons, $10 up to $100. Hope I get lucky but even $10 can buy something.

Cold weather has arrived. Stay warm.

BeckyO

Post by BeckyO »

Evening Y'All,
Maggie, hope you are warm tonight.
Littlemiss, I'm glad for your peace and your new car : )

It's been a short day. The last few days I have been sooo sleepy. This morning I slept, LOL I have felt better , not so sleepy but boy have I been stiff and sore.
I rearranged one portion of my living room. Then I sat and looked at my home and thought,"This looks terrible. I need to >>." That happens to me sometimes, I look and my home looks warm and cozy, very comfortable, the way I want it, Then, "Oh, it looks terrible, you need to..." The maid comes tomorrow : )

Dinner tonight is going to be a ham and cheese sandwich with possiblly a hot cup of tomato soup. I have calls to make to let DGDs know what I got the DGGC so they will not duplicate.

I have an assortment of fabric out to cut some quilt squares. DD#1 saw them when she was here. She liked the combo. I am doing the quilting directly to some fleece for a DGGD. She lives in Florida and does not need a heavy cover.

Was it icfrugal who said her books call her name when she says "dust and clean" ? I have the same problem, except my books have a bigger vocabulary, or maybe they don't understand anything, but call my name whenever they hear words like "sleep" "quilt" "paint" "cook" "go" etc, not just "clean" "dust" , LOL

11cats2beagles

Post by 11cats2beagles »

Good Evening Friends,

Mercy, it is so cold and windy and snowy! Two below zero with the wind chill. When I went out to feed my (very well sheltered) cats tonight, two of the strays were out in this terrible cold waiting for me and for their supper. I got them up against the side of the house under an overhang where there is no snow on the ground and fed them there. I put more cat food in the cellar where a couple of other strays go.

It was a good day. I got an email from the HR Management program I'm enrolled in. The said that, based on my grades and helpfulness to other students in the discussion forums for the courses, they want me to be a mentor to other students in the program. I get to enroll in a free mentoring course and will get a certificate, then I am committed to three hours a week of mentoring. I'm very excited about the opportunity.

It is a very busy time at work - many projects going, plus a lot going on on the homefront, so always busy - but it's all good in the long run - just feel kind of worn out at the end of each day and dragging a bit in the mornings.

Off to bed - have a good night!

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

BeckyO wrote:Evening Y'All,
Maggie, hope you are warm tonight.
Littlemiss, I'm glad for your peace and your new car : )

It's been a short day. The last few days I have been sooo sleepy. This morning I slept, LOL I have felt better , not so sleepy but boy have I been stiff and sore.
I rearranged one portion of my living room. Then I sat and looked at my home and thought,"This looks terrible. I need to >>." That happens to me sometimes, I look and my home looks warm and cozy, very comfortable, the way I want it, Then, "Oh, it looks terrible, you need to..." The maid comes tomorrow : )

Dinner tonight is going to be a ham and cheese sandwich with possiblly a hot cup of tomato soup. I have calls to make to let DGDs know what I got the DGGC so they will not duplicate.

I have an assortment of fabric out to cut some quilt squares. DD#1 saw them when she was here. She liked the combo. I am doing the quilting directly to some fleece for a DGGD. She lives in Florida and does not need a heavy cover.

Was it icfrugal who said her books call her name when she says "dust and clean" ? I have the same problem, except my books have a bigger vocabulary, or maybe they don't understand anything, but call my name whenever they hear words like "sleep" "quilt" "paint" "cook" "go" etc, not just "clean" "dust" , LOL
Becky, I am honored by "the shout out" But I'm not sure that it was me, but I do feel that way, books, books, books!!!! :D

IC

Shelsmiles

Post by Shelsmiles »

I guess better late than never...

Today was a decent day except that my vehicle is not really wanting to behave. I'm not sure if it's a cell in the battery that's gone bad or something else. I've cleaned the posts and terminals and had the battery tested. I took my friend for a quick birthday lunch today. I let her choose the place and she chose Sonic. Not my favorite, but also not my birthday.

DS home from college. I haven't gotten to see him much. I had to work today and tonight he is out with his friends. He did get to coach the high school wrestling team today. He loves that.

My DB got a call from our step mom today asking him to consign a mortgage on her house. I cannot believe she would actually ask him to do something like that. Thank goodness he said no!

I'm an exhausted girl today.