Daily Check In December 17, 2016

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In December 17, 2016

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning

Off to get coffee, but I thought I would start this thread off. Back in a moment or three.

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In December 17, 2016

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

My gifts are all finished!! Well at least I think they are all finished, who knows I might discover something wonderful to add.

Pretty darn cold here once again at -34 C (-24 F) with the wind chills making it feel like -48 C (-54 F). I don't think I will be venturing too far from home in this type of weather. It is supposed to warm up quite nicely during the day, and by tomorrow be almost balmy for this time of year. The run up to Christmas looks to be nice as well.

I do have a few household chores to do and I hope to get those done quickly this morning.

Today will be spent wrapping (or bagging) gifts and getting them under the tree. This is my main goal for today. I also want to get the gift wrapped for mailing on Monday. Hopefully it will make it to where it is going by the end of the month. I am sure my Secret Santa recipient will forgive me if it is a bit late...

This afternoon I hope to be busy cross stitching that last ornament. It looks like I might not get into the sewing/craft room to finish them off tomorrow (lots left to do on this stocking ornament) but the end is in sight and I can start to think of the next sewing or embroidery project. Getting things done one at a time and really enjoying the process for a change.

Frugality wise no money will be spent today. Meals will be cooked from scratch with what is on hand in cupboard, freezer and fridge. I will read my inexpensive book from the church rummage sale, work on the inherited cross stitch ornament, and perhaps do a bit of hemming (Hubby has a pair of pants that are a bit long in the leg).

In other words a quiet day on the old homestead.

Supper this evening will be Friday's meal of Baked Trout, rice and corn (we finished off the salad last night, with the last little bit going to the bunny that has been visiting our yard).

Today I am grateful for my warm home.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Today I'm going to a play, It's a Wonderful Life. It is in the afternoon and a friend is picking me up at 1, so I'm going to have a quick lunch with mom ahead of time.

We had a good trip to Kohls yesterday. Mom did not want to use the wheelchair but she did great walking and did not get tired. We found pjs for each of us and slippers for mom.

I have to say that our weather is great right now, mid-to-high 70s. But we suffer in the summer when you all have lovely weather.

Have a good day.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I slept in again for a weekend. We have a break from the cold for a day. It is 49 and rainy. I am going to venture out to get DS1's gift. I also need to work on my MFH Secret Santa gift. I still need to wrap.

The Kid's plans changed and I babysat last night. DGS had a good time. So maybe tonight I will show up where the Support group is going.

Have great day,
Maggie

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

We are covered with a sheet of ice, I can't get out my door, too slick. :( We had planned a last minute trip for Christmas shopping. Not happening now. I was going to be the "designated driver" but have called and cancelled. The authorities are saying stay off the road, and I only need to be told one time.
My phone is not working either so have my cell out for emergencies. I tried to go out to the coop but can't make it. I will wait until temp goes up and try again. Poor hens, but at least they are not out in it. I will take my phone with me when I do go out just in case.
We are supposed to have a window this afternoon of warmer temps, enough to melt the ice for a bit before the next wave hits at 6 PM. I will go to dads and do his med box. I hate this weather.
I will do extra cleaning today, baseboards and such. Anything to keep busy inside. I wonder about LWolfT, her area is iced up also and by the pictures on TV, people have spent 8 to 9 hours stuck out on the roads, people in their cars on roads and the interstate with no supplies and running out of gas.
Well I am going to try the ice melt again and see if I can make it out to the hen coop.
Stay safe,
JCKitty

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I was wondering about LWolfT as well. Haven't seen a post from her in awhile. Hope everything is okay.