Daily Check In December 29, 2016

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In December 29, 2016

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning

dlrcpa

Re: Daily Check In December 29, 2016

Post by dlrcpa »

Good morning. Baked beans are cooking on the stove and need to go into the oven before I leave for work. Then leaving DH in charge of watching over them. I'm making them vegetarian, for the party on Sunday.

Otherwise another boring day at work, and I need to clean the leather couches of dust. I was going to last night but DH started watching TV in that room so I left it for later. He would be hovering and telling me to do it differently.

Have a good day.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Happy Birthday Jackie.

I am getting good at this sleeping in. I got up a little before 7. I am trying to decide what I am going to do. I still have my quilt to baste. DS2 is planning to come over for dinner. Although we are supposed to get some snow showers.

Have a great day,
Maggie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Up a tiny bit later, but really not too bad. I actually slept pretty well last night. I think I may have opened my eyes for a bit when Hubby came to bed, but had no trouble going back to sleep.

Ordered Pizza in last night and youngest DS did the dishes for me (not that there was very many) so I sat and read. I did no knitting at all and felt like a teenager again. One set of dishes that my hands did not clean and one meal I did not have to cook. Tonight will be back to normal, but there will only be three of us (eldest is taking off today to visit a friend for a few days) and much easier to handle. Tomorrow the house will be quiet once again, and I will have my TV back (yes!!!) and perhaps be able to get the house reasonably clean by Saturday (well at least half the laundry done). I could be switching my wash day for this upcoming year.

Frugality wise there should be no spending once again today. Eating down the food stores (we have plenty) in both of our freezers, and cupboards. I will be shopping on Friday after taking in the car, but my list is for just a few items we have run out of and had no extra in the cupboards (Hubby mentioned that was very strange for around here).

I will do the basics of house cleaning, kitty litter patrol, work on my cross stitch, read, do some knitting and perhaps even make it into the sewing room and do a bit of clothing construction. Not a great deal, but I plan on enjoying the last day with a full family. Oldest DS will probably leave around lunch time.

Supper this evening will be some leftover roast beef. I am thinking a lovely hash for our meal. I have some other leftovers to add and that will more than feed us (probably have some leftover hash).

Today I am grateful that a person can see the days are getting slightly longer.

Everyone have a great day. Take care.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Thanks Maggie.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

Today we will have a strong north wind. That means the Mountain Cedar pollen count will go up. The heaviest concentration of the Mountain Cedar Trees is in the Texas Hill country. This is located north west of the city. So the strong winds from the North bring in the pollen.

I have no plans to go anywhere today, this is because of my balance. The winds are just too strong for me.

I am now knitting the last of 4 roses, next is the tiny vase, after that I want to knit another Tiny Nutcracker for my tree. I also need to start on a Tiny Bride and Groom.

Then I want to knit somethings for me.

Penny