Daily Check In December 29, 2016

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In December 29, 2016

Post by clemencia2us »

I too thought it was wonderful how Debbie went to be with her daughter.

I had a great uncle that passed away and his wife had a heart attack and died when they told her. They were buried together.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Nice sunny morning here in south texas. The north wind is blowing and the temp has dropped. I was able to use the oven and make some biscuits. Not homemade - but still good. We were running the AC yesterday.

Didn't sleep much and was up by 5, but have to look at the bright side. This is good practice for tomorrow! Will attend my cousin's funeral service and we are hitting the road at 7:30. It will be in a town south of us. I was thinking that they would have it here since all her family is buried here, but then her hubby is ill and just better to keep it where he doesn't have to travel.

I'm trying to put myself in a better mood. Just have to process all my thoughts, get them out there and deal with how I feel about people in my life.

Hope all have a great day.

Shelsmiles

Post by Shelsmiles »

Good morning. Christmas decor is all down and for the most part put away. DD says this is the worst part of
The holidays because she finds it depressing. I told her that's why we celebrate New Years - to reward ourselves for cleaning up Christmas. Lol

Our holiday was lovely with my brother and my son here. We went to a football game and had a couple nights in Kansas City as the Christmas gift from my brother. It was nice. Everyone enjoyed their gifts and their time together as a family. It was hard to say goodbye.

The last couple days we have been working on decluttering. It's astonishing how so much junk can just creep back in! We are donating some to the community closet and some to the blessings box. I like the blessing box because you can go leave what you have and take what you need. I like that there is no money exchanged. Kind of cool. I've left brand new baby clothes, food and gloves and warm socks so far.

The vet will be out today to look at our boar who has a bad leg. Hopefully it's not a big deal but he's not able to put any weight on it. Poor old guy. Here's also hoping the vet bill isn't stupid huge. Our other critters are all doing well. We have hogs to process this week and a new crop of baby chicks will be ready to process end of February.

Dinner tonight will be chicken based soup. I haven't decided what kind exactly. I have some food prep to do and will have chicken carcasses left over, so...

Have a beautiful day

Dinner tonight will be

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

Happy birthday Jackie, may your year be the best ever!!!! :D

Today DH has a Dr. apt at 1:30, tomorrow he has 2 appts stating at 9AM.

IC

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Happy Birthday Jackie!!

Good day all,
I got up at a decent time, was going to go clean at dads but...have been exposed to the "epizootic" that is going around and do NOT want to expose dad. Brother and grand kids that he is raising all have it and it is not something my dad needs to be around. I will go tomorrow if all is well. I also have had a "fibro flare" complete with the intestinal issues. Sorry for the TMI. :?
I have already done floors and now need to lightly run the Swiffer duster ....again. It is easier now without all of the décor out on tabletops. I really love cleaning except for the infernal dusting/polishing. :(
It started out this AM bright and sunny, cold but sunny...now it is grey and dreary and the wind has really picked up again. I agree with Gayle, I don't like seeing the dirty brown grass and blah landscape. I keep telling myself that this too shall pass. :)
I do need to get the cleaning rags/cloths on the rack....then will read as much as I want!!!
Have a great afternoon all,
JCKitty

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Why do I have to keep logging in???

Anyway, this will sound silly, but I have a few wonderful minuets to myself. DH is taking his shower and I am puttering around...wonderful. It's not that I can't so whatever, but I love a bit of time to myself.

Dogs vet donated some money in his name to a Vet school, I received the letter yesterday, I have been crying since, :( I miss that Dog so much it's been a little over two months. We were looking at a couple of videos that I have of him more tears. Poor BB, what a job she has to help fill our hearts.

IC