Daily Check in Sept 21, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
colonialgirl

Re: Daily Check in Sept 21, 2015

Post by colonialgirl »

Hi frugals, sitting here waiting for hubs to do his therapy. The cleaners are coming today, so did a little straightening up.

Since we sprayed the upstairs bathrooms for ants, thought it was time for deep cleaning. Emptied the wall cupboard and under the vanity, washed out and reorganized and de cluttered. I have gotta keep up with these. I special order my body wash from Bath and Body because it is no longer carried in the stores. So when that fragrance is on sale, I try and stock up. Well apparently I need to check inventory before ordering as I found 21 bottles of body wash, geez. Guess I am set for a while.

I am with in about two loads of having the laundry caught up. I swear for a household of two people, we generate more laundry. I guess we are really clean or really dirty. I just don't know which. So my afternoon will be folding and putting way clothes and doing a couple more loads of laundry.

Leftovers for dinner tonight. I am about ready to put up my feet and call a moratorium on work for today.

Have a good one all!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Normal cleaning done, and I have even managed to clean the baseboards as my extra cleaning. Gave three rooms and extra scrub and now those white boards are gleaming.

Hubby picked half the carrots today, so I will be processing those instead of the green peppers and herbs today. Since the weather is supposed to be very nice I think I can hold off on them for another day or so.

Off to get a bit more done on the mittens.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Afternoon All!

Today has been a lazy day so far, DH and I had cereal and bagels with cream cheese today. For lunch we had leftovers and tonight, some more cornbread chili. I did a bit of cleaning today and spent time with DH, today is no spend so we will be relaxing at home tonight.

Hope all of yall have a great day!
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Hi all. Late check-in for me.

I will probably make hamburgers for dinner although I am disappointed that my original turkey burger plan fell through. The store didn't have fresh turkey burger patties.

Off to find some activities for my son and I to work on. Maybe something involving cutting pictures from magazines, sorting, and gluing.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Howdy ....

Warm and sunny today.

1st day of work had some paperwork glitches, but started training anyway. Lots to learn, but hopefully it will all come together :D

Dinner will be the chicken dish I made the other day, otherwise, will take care of some chores.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good evening all,

Beautiful weather and has been a great day to get stuff done. I picked, pickled and processed 17 pints of pickled beets. Tomorrow it will be tomatoes being processed. I haven't decided if they will end up as canned whole tomatoes or sauce.
I picked the squash also, the stems were dried and some had come off anyway. Leaves the last of the green beans in the garden. I will mow off the spent plants next time I mow the yard, it isn't growing very fast so could be a few weeks.
I need to go to dads tomorrow at some point and help him gather the chestnuts that are falling. From looking at the trees I think we will have an abundance as the trees are loaded. Dad can't do "stoop labor" as he calls it, so I will help.

I have another talk with the telephone company this AM, I looked at my bill on line and they had added some sort of internet protection to the tune of 30.00 per month. I didn't order or want it, and it ticks me off that just because I had them remote access fix my wifi that they just added it. I was nice but firm in telling them to remove it from my bill immediately.
Then this afternoon I had to call the local newspaper office, some one has been throwing the local free circular on my property every week and I have told them repeatedly I am not interested in the paper and it is just more for me to recycle. Today I told them if they don't stop I am calling and reporting it as littering to the Sherriff's dept. A person I know said that is what worked for them.

Off to see what everyone else is up to on the forum.
Have a great evening all,
JCKItty