Check in Jan. 7, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Check in Jan. 7, 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi Gang,

I was pulling into the neighborhood where DS1& Fam live and Hubby was pulling out. So I guess he was not keen on seeing me (and my parents). DS1 said he needed to go to the office before heading to the airport. So no uncomfortableness. I am sorry His Mom did not come. However he did leave me a package of the round insert for my pressure cooker and some mail.

DS2 asked if he could go to his GF's tonight. We agreed that he would be home by 11.

Maggie
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

I know it is exaggerated Rinty. Lordy what a group. But I still think it was relevant for us now - nation held hostage by a self absorbed man child - way too close to home. I don't consider myself prudish, but I guess if you are going to be an actress in this day and age, you better be ready to be naked.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Maggie glad you were spared the encounter. It will get easier. Probably wasn't that he didn't want to see you - more likely ashamed to see you and your folks.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good evening ...

Cold here, too. All of a balmy 15F right now.

Maggie, glad you could enjoy the day without that kind of tension. Suspect it will happen sometime, but better it be down the road. (and I agree with Kitty's advice, though personally, I'd rather see you meet him with Brad Pitt on your arm. :twisted: Perhaps CG will let you borrow him. :D )
And hope that interview works out for you.

Just canceled my free trial of Prime. Hope I did it in time, since apparently I was supposed to be charged today. The confirmation did say I won't be charged.

Also decided to go to Aldi (out of milk) and the dollar store to get a few things. Trying to come up with some ideas for meals this week. Did pick up some chicken drumsticks on sale, so that's a couple of dinners. Plus leftover pork loin, plus soup ... Hey, I may be good, LOL!
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

MackerelCat wrote: DH is planning to make us a dog gate for our bedroom door today, so that we can keep the door open and warm the room up.
Mackie, DH had to make a cat gate (actually a full-size screen door) for our bedroom when it became clear that Big Boy and Senior Gal wouldn't get along. (We have the opposite problem ... the bedroom is broiling when the door is closed.)
We still use it in the winter, since both cats think we should be up bright and early to feed them/pay attention to them.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I love the idea of a screen door to keep the cats out! I was thinking that we could put screen on the puppy gate so that the room gets the most airflow.
Mackie