Check in Jan. 7, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Check in Jan. 7, 2017

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Another very cold day in my little world. Snow is still on the roof of homes, but for most part roads are pretty much cleared. It's 11°so we don't have a heat wave going on. Not predicting to get much higher than that today anyway. I am going to build a fire and just enjoy the day.

I ran some errands this morning so the rest of the day is mine. I need to start going through my monthly files to organize paperwork for filing my taxes. I've tried to post on expenses for the rentals this year on a monthly basis, so hoping I have made this a lot easier for myself. I definitely have the income all posted to each house and I had a very good year. DH use to do all of this when he was alive so this has been a new experience for me.

I am going to wait until the first part of next week to start taking down my Christmas decorations. I will take my time and like Janet make myself a list of what container has what in it so I don't search when it comes time to decorate again. This year I lost the stand for my tree and it took me several days to find it before I could put up the tree. My box tore up and I stored the stand in one place and the tree in another.....not together. That would have been fine if I could have remembered where I put the stand.

Discovered another nice feature on my car this morning. I noticed that I was below a half tank of gas and it being so cold I didn't want to have to pump any. My fuel light comes on when it gets low, but I noticed this morning that on the dash it gives me how many miles I can go before refueling. I like that for I have a horrible fear of running out of gas. Not only would it mess up the system, but I don't want to be stranded on the side of a road somewhere.

Not much news from here so I'm going to get my fire started and will probably read the rest of the day. Everyone stay warm and have a fabulous week-end.
Heloise

Post by Heloise »

Alliesmama4

Do you get Juncos?
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Hi frugals -
Well been up most of the night binge watching The Tudors. It is really good but the parallels to todays political situation are amazing! If old Henry was after the girls like they depict in that show, I don't know how they ever had time to go to war. Geez.

Cold night last night and up to a balmy 20 degrees now. I am settled in for the day because it is PLAYOFFS! I love football. I feel badly because I know about the danger and the closed head injuries and sometimes I feel that saying I like football is like saying I like the lions - Christian action at the coliseum. But I can't help it - I love to watch football.

Dinner tonight will be easy peasy - last of the clam chowder needs to be eaten up - so dinner is done.

Have a great day all and stay warm!
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good afternoon ALL,

It would appear most of you are having cold weather like us....sorry about that! ;) I have been up and at it all day. I have been forcing myself to eat in the AM, still can't do it until I have been up for awhile but have been eating an egg on 1/2 piece of toast. Then taking my vitamins and thyroid med. So far so good :)
It is bitterly cold again today but the sun is out and bright. Wood in and furnace filters are changed, I have been trying the hand laundry thing, washing out and hanging wool socks, undies and some shirts and sweaters that I can never get a full load on. I think it is working well, everything is very clean and I have been using a bit of vinegar in the rinse water. Hanging all to dry around the wood stove, puts moisture into the air.
I brought my camp oven in and have it on the wood burner, want to make some cornbread later so will use it. I also want to make some muffins, whatever is in the fridge that needs used up will go into the muffins.
My hens are still laying but not as much as usual, they are not anxious to come out of their coop in the mornings in this weather. :D
Maggie, you said this will be your first eye to eye with EH since the breakup, just relax and have fun....you are bound to feel anxious but it will be okay, you will have a lot of these meet ups over the years....when you have family together it is just inevitable. Look fabulous and feel confident, be kind and EXPECT him to be likewise. Hope you have a wonderful time with DGS
Have a great day all,
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

It's turned off sunny here, so all the snow is melting in the sunny spots.

Got out the sewing machine this afternoon and made some curtains for the study. This is my second try at them: the first ones were too skimpy and we took them down some time ago. DH helped me hang them and they look great. Also trimmed and hemmed the flannel sheet and throw for Marigold's bed that I bought at the thrift store. The throw had fringe on it I was afraid she would eat and the sheet was fitted and wouldn't fold right. Now her bed is all tidy and puppy safe. The pillow case that came with the sheet got made into a small towel for drying my hair.

DH also replaced the wooden handles puppy chewed up on the buffet cabinet with metal knobs, so that ought to slow her down! :-D

I still need to vacuum. The cat hair alone is enough to knit a kitten!
Mackie
rinty

Post by rinty »

colonialgirl wrote:Hi frugals -
Well been up most of the night binge watching The Tudors. It is really good but the parallels to todays political situation are amazing! If old Henry was after the girls like they depict in that show, I don't know how they ever had time to go to war. Geez.

Cold night last night and up to a balmy 20 degrees now. I am settled in for the day because it is PLAYOFFS! I love football. I feel badly because I know about the danger and the closed head injuries and sometimes I feel that saying I like football is like saying I like the lions - Christian action at the coliseum. But I can't help it - I love to watch football.

Dinner tonight will be easy peasy - last of the clam chowder needs to be eaten up - so dinner is done.

Have a great day all and stay warm!
ColonialGirl, "The Tudors " is about as accurate as Betsy Ross being portrayed as a Bunny Girl ................I love history and that ain't history !

Not a good day.

DH has managed to make putting the decorations away into a right mess and I am annoyed............come December it will be a pigs ear finding it all, its all just rammed into random totes. HASHTAG # Throws Hands Up in Despair/First World Problems............

ANYWAY.

I have been doing work stuff and that's been annoying me as well. When one is this low paid its hard to drum up the zest to work at home ........ya know ???? I have nearly done the PROJECT but theres lots of prep for the week that needs doing and is expected.....mutter, mutter.

Seeing some of the kids tomorrow for dinner, roast lamb, roast potato, mashed carrot and swede, petit pois, Yorkshire pudding and gravy. Oh, and cabbage. There will be weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth over the fact that I haven't bought a cauliflower for cauliflower cheese :shock: Tough. Dessert will be a pack of mini mixed desserts bought from COSTCO. Its a big box so I am trusting it that there will be enough for everyone.......don't let me down COSTCO.

If all else fails theres a lemon panettone thing still unopened from Christmas.

Tired and irritable..........BEDTIME !

( Mackie I hear you re PET HAIR )