Daily Check In January 12

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily Check In January 12

Post by gaylejackson2 »

2dogs+someCats wrote:Good Morning. I have been awake since 2 a.m., up since 3. Our little puppy, Hope is in isolation at the hospital with the Parvo virus. We had an appointment scheduled to start her vaccinations but before the appointment day, she became very lethargic and ill so they scheduled us in yesterday. The parvo test was positive but they said we caught it early and they may be able to save her.

I am especially feeling guilty because the Vet would have seen her yesterday morning - but OH NO...I had an "important meeting" to go to - so I waited till 2:45 - and what if those few hours would have made a positive difference in the outcome? Anyway, as always, thank you for listening to my latest drama - good wishes/prayers for little Hope are appreciated. I will be calling in this morning to see how she is doing.
Oh Sheila, you cannot do that to yourself, especially as the Vet has said its unknown of where she got the parvo from. You've given Hope a wonderful life, and you have treated her as good as any "dog parent" can, imho.

I do hope, & wish, that they've caught it early enough that she will be fine.

Love & hugs to you,
Gayle
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Maggie,
I'm glad that you are receiving emails regarding your resume & I hope that you find a new job soon.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Good morning Frugal Friends!

Its my birthday today, and a good day for it with no fresh snow falling (yet), though more is predicted for later today and tonight.

Dh called me 2 hours ago, asking me to pack his "ready bag" for 5 days. He was home by 8:32 to gather up his cpap machine and gone by 8:50 am to get on the road to get as far ahead of the storm as possible. He's headed to Texas, New Mexico, Arizona then back home. He was quite upset at being given no notice, but I believe that he's also happy to be away from the office, their politics & bickering.

So... I'm determined to carry on like its just any other day. Although its putting a crimp in my dinner plans... I guess that I could sautee my veggies and freeze them. Good thing I hadn't pulled out the steaks to thaw yet. ;)

Today's chores are: vacuum living room, sweep kitchen, try to get dried super-glue off my ceramic top stove (anyone have ideas for me?), do 1-2 loads of laundry, and knit on the couch by the fire while watching Person of Interest.

Dinner was going to be steaks, sauteed veg (mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini, onions), quinoa, and carob cake/brownies. NOW??? Still the carob brownies, but now I'm thinking chicken soup.

AM off to do the less-fun so I can get to the fun stuff. I'm thankful that my fire *FINALLY* decided to get burning, I would have thought that the wind outside would have made it draft good, but it didn't.

=) Gayle
Jens_Cats

Post by Jens_Cats »

Hi, gang!

It's already 1, and I haven't accomplished much. I was up until 4:00am (I blame the 5:00 cup of coffee to help me drive home from MD and the fact that I signed up on a new forum, which I spent hours perusing!) I slept until almost 10:00, so my day is kind of shot. I also don't feel great, because of my sleep schedule last night.

That said, we have an unusually warm day on our hands, so laundry is done and hung, and the dogs are out for the duration. I have even already walked down and gotten last night's mail. We have no light at the bottom of the driveway, so I don't stop to pick up the mail at night when I'm alone. I go down the next day, before the mail comes. It was a really nice walk, and while I was doing it, I called the store where we bought our plow and ordered a replacement part. (Just a little cap for one of the cables. It's free to replace. We just need to go and get it.)

Today's a money day, so I'll be doing money stuff: Depositing a check remotely, moving money around, paying bills, and I have an interview with a potential client this evening. I don't plan to go anywhere today and will probably spend most of it on the couch. Dinner will probably be leftovers/whatever is on hand.

Have any of you heard of Homesteadingtoday.com? That's the forum I just joined. If any of you are familiar with the site, I'd love to hear your feedback. (Or I can start a thread down in the Homesteading forum here.)

Everyone have a great day! I find the unseasonable weather worrying, but I'm just going to endjoy it. Just wish it was warm enough to open the windows!

Jen M, WV
Sage Alley: My green/simple living blog:
http://sagealley.blogspot.com
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Gayle,

I read once that you can use a new single edged razor blade to scrape it clean and then wash with warm water. You might try fingernail polish remover with a Q-tip that has acetone in it. I read that too.

I love superglue, but it's a bugger bear to remove from anything.
Jens_Cats

Post by Jens_Cats »

I'm so sorry! To me, none of them are "just a dog/cat/mouse/squirrel/goat/etc." They are family. I hope they can save her. Please don't beat yourself up! :(

Jen M.
2dogs+someCats wrote:Good Morning. I have been awake since 2 a.m., up since 3. Our little puppy, Hope is in isolation at the hospital with the Parvo virus. We had an appointment scheduled to start her vaccinations but before the appointment day, she became very lethargic and ill so they scheduled us in yesterday. The parvo test was positive but they said we caught it early and they may be able to save her.
Jens_Cats

Post by Jens_Cats »

Oh, boy! Don't get me started on the recruiters! I don't respond to them after the first contact. Waste of time 99% of the time.

Jen M.
mbrudnic wrote:Good morning frugal friends,

I was able to get my quilt sandwich put together. I used adhesive spray and first bonded the batting to the backing, ensuring it was all smooth, then turned it over and put on the top. So I can start stitching.

I have to laugh, yesterday afternoon I got five emails from recruiters concerning the same job. Three of the recruiters were with the same firm. I responded to the first email that hit my mailbox. I also had a few calls fro recruiters but for one reason or another, the positions they had were not suitable. But all this means that my resume is getting attention.

I need to think about doing some laundry. I will throw in a load of things I can line dry.

Have a great day,
Maggie