Daily Check In Sept. 22, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In Sept. 22, 2015

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugals

Off to get a cup of coffee, but decided to start us off. Back in a moment or two.

Jackie

Vaeagen

Re: Daily Check In Sept. 22, 2015

Post by Vaeagen »

Good morning Jackie and all,
I am here at work but will be leaving early today (1/2 a day) since we (dh, dfil and me) are taking dmil to her regular Dr to have her look at the leg she fell on on Friday. This Dr will be the one to take the stitch out so I guess she will make a date to do that today. I also set up an appt w/ one of our finacial guy (we have two, sounds like a lot but one we had at one firm from a long time ago who does mainly Municiple bonds and such, and the other was started because of my dil's money). Always using both time and money frugally.

No lunch today at work since I am leaving at 11:30. Dmil's appt is at 1pm. I'm sure it is just a quick, yeah that looks fine see you in a week kinda thing....but you gotta do it. After that at 3-3:30 is our appt w/ the financial guy and then home. I still have a bunch of sewing to do. If all goes to plan dh will cook dinner and I will sew. I have to get my stuff ready for the library fair.

So not a bad day just sad to see dmil declining so much....

Valerie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

We ended up covering things in the garden last night as we were supposed to get frost. So far I see nothing frosty about the morning, though it is fairly chilly out. Guess the temperature could fall further as the sun peeks out.

If we haven't had frost I will be harvesting herbs today and freezing the peppers. Plus getting ready to head to the big city tomorrow, I do hope we are not in the Ambulatory Care section of the hospital too long and that we get there in good time.

The rest of the day will be spent doing the regular Tuesday household chores, and perhaps some of the Wednesday ones as well. I am slowly but surely catching up on all that I wanted to get completed this month. I would also like to get the baseboards scrubbed to gleaming whiteness in the living room, but just may have to leave those and do some of the bedrooms instead. Too hard to move the furniture out twice (we have to clean the carpets) so I may as well wait.

The usual frugal happenings around here. I will be using up more of my yarn stash (shopping at home first) and seeing if I have enough quilting squares in brown tones for a small lap quilt for one of our DS's and enough in purple tones for the other (one loves the colour purple, the other, well he collects things, but it all goes together).

I will take my frugal exercise shortly. I just love my early morning walks before my youngest brother phones. It clears my head and keeps me calm as I answer his exact same questions every morning.

Supper tonight will be the leftover roast beef from Sunday supper, probably made with gravy and onions and served over leftover warmed potatoes. Perhaps some carrot and pepper sticks along with cherry tomatoes as a side.

Today I am grateful that Hubby and I can still live in and look after our own home. Downsizing is going to be the pits when the time comes.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

Jackie

Shelsmiles

Post by Shelsmiles »

Good morning. I've just ordered my blueberry, raspberry and thornless blackberry plants to plant in a couple Of weeks. Excited about those. They are in the expensive side at around $10 per plant with my 20% off, but a good investment. We don't have any blueberries or raspberries to forage and the blackberries are very thorny. I'm looking at it as an investment. The tiller is revved up and ready to go on our garden expansion project. We will get that started probably tomorrow. DH keeps asking about buying some apple trees as well. but that may have to wait.

Herb harvesting and drying continues. I've made some lemon balm honey syrup for tea and it's awesome. I'm going to make a much larger batch and can some in small jars I think. :) The dehydrator is making quick work of it. I am going to have to dig up and replant my stevia, lemongrass and horseradish i think unless DH And I come up with another solution. I have cut back the potted mint and will move it inside soon. I want to be finished with herbs by the weekend so I can dehydrate some apples and DS is ready to make jerky soon after.

Today is mostly about getting household chores caught up so that I can enjoy the concert tonight in the city. It's my DD's favorite band Twenty One Pilots with Echosmith and Finish Ticket. We got tickets for $25 and she's been looking forward to it for a few months.

Meals from home will include veggie breakfast scramble, leftover dirty rice for lunch and some sandwiches and fruit in a cooler for the trip to the city. Sorry, kids, but there you go. Drive thru is expensive.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I am still tired, I was up during the night because of my allergies. But my wrist is slowly getting better.

I have a lot that needs doing, but I am going to go slowly tackling it. First and most important are the dishes. I need to empty the dishwasher and reload it. I also need to wash towels. At least the washer and dryer do their thing with very little work on my part. My part comes when it is done.

I have started the dishes, and the laundry. The laundry won’t need any attention from me until it is time to put it into the dryer. I needed to take a break. I still have a lot of dishes to wash. But the breaks are very important as other wise I will be able to get nothing done.

With several breaks the dishes are all washed. The washer is still going.

Penny

AnneX

Post by AnneX »

Beautiful weather for the last day of summer. Supposed to stay like this for at least the next two weeks.

I went to tai chi this morning and then walked over to the grocery store.

I had some of my black bean soup for lunch, followed by fresh mango.

Going to sit here on the balcony with my book club book Until it's time to go to Zumba.

Supper will be chicken pasta, squash and brussel sprouts.

Take care,
AnneX