Daily Check In Sept. 22, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check In Sept. 22, 2015

Post by icfrugal1 »

itspennyc wrote:I am still tired, I was up during the night because of my allergies. But my wrist is slowly getting better.

I have a lot that needs doing, but I am going to go slowly tackling it. First and most important are the dishes. I need to empty the dishwasher and reload it. I also need to wash towels. At least the washer and dryer do their thing with very little work on my part. My part comes when it is done.

I have started the dishes, and the laundry. The laundry won’t need any attention from me until it is time to put it into the dryer. I needed to take a break. I still have a lot of dishes to wash. But the breaks are very important as other wise I will be able to get nothing done.

With several breaks the dishes are all washed. The washer is still going.

Penny
Penny, you are wonderful, I really thank you for sharing your life, and you are right breaks and the work gets done.

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

I'm a women of few words, so hear goes, I walked the dog, and went out to buy some water, because I'm down to 2 gallons.

I've started my bread, and plan to go into the pool soon, I can't believe that I'm still using the pool in the end of Sept.

We are hoping for El nino soon, hoping steady and not all at once. :-)

IC
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good afternoon all,
beautiful day here again today and I am loving it. I have the tomatoes worked up into sauce and processed. Just waiting for them to cool and then the jars can be wiped, labeled and put away. I got 7 pints of thick rich sauce and kept about another pint out and have pasta sauce simmering. Not sure yet what pasta it is going on/in. Really hankering to make some crepes and make some stuffed manicotti but do not have ricotta to stuff them with so may turn to something else.

I have one more floor to take care of and can cross that job from my list. I also used the leaf blower and cleaned the driveway of leaves. I don't like them to build up or it is too hard to do them in large amounts.
Laundry is on the lines, had to wash my duvet because cat decided to barf on it. Thinking of making some peanut butter cookies as the jar is empty and has been for quite some time. Also want to make some chestnut biscotti, so many things to do and can't decide which to do first
off to see what I can get into.
Have a great day all,
JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hi everyone.

This morning I took my car for an oil change and tire rotation. I had been procrastinating on it for two weeks. I went to the dealer because I had a coupon for the oil change. My car takes the synthetic oil and boy those oil changes are expensive, usually $65. The coupon was for $36.95 at the dealer. Because I drive so little I only need an oil change once a year. They said I should have my brake fluid changed ($150) and reading online I think that is correct but I'm going to call a local garage that I know is honest and see if I can get a better price. At the dealer I do have a card that will give me a 10% discount on labor.

On the way home I stopped at Publix. They have a great deal on Special K which I love. It is on sale for $2.50/box and if you buy 5 boxes you get a $10 Publix gift card through Kellogg's Family Rewards. So 5 boxes at $2.50 = $12.50 and then get back $10. But it gets better. Publix has a store coupon for $2 off produce (must buy at least $3 total produce) when you buy 2 boxes of Special K. Plus I had a $1/3 Kellogg's manufacturers coupon. So all in all pretty much $1.50 for 5 boxes of cereal plus the $2 produce.

I'm still feeding the bunny that I see near my back patio. Last night there were 2 bunnies. I give them baby carrots and celery. I'm sure that those of you with gardens are not as happy to see bunnies.

I'll turn on the TV in a few minutes to watch the Pope arrive in the U.S. Even though I'm not Catholic I think he is great. Love to see the twinkle in his eyes when he meets children, too.

Have a good evening.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I have been puttering productively today. Tidied the house, walked the dogs, trimmed the shrubs at the front of the house.

DH accepted a job offer this afternoon, so we're much relieved. He was between jobs for three weeks, which really wasn't too bad in the long view, although it made for some worrisome days. I'm going to cook burgers and baked potatoes for a celebration meal.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote:I have been puttering productively today. Tidied the house, walked the dogs, trimmed the shrubs at the front of the house.

DH accepted a job offer this afternoon, so we're much relieved. He was between jobs for three weeks, which really wasn't too bad in the long view, although it made for some worrisome days. I'm going to cook burgers and baked potatoes for a celebration meal.
Congrats to your DH and your whole family on the new job. That's great!