Daily Check In Sept. 22, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In Sept. 22, 2015

Post by MackerelCat »

Thank you! He starts at the new place Oct. 5, so he'll have a few days to just enjoy life. :) We need to do some painting on the exterior of the house, but I'm putting off anything that requires getting on a ladder until we have health insurance again, which won't be until early November. Unless we buy a short-term policy, but I'm kind of mulling that one over.

I made Meatloaf Patties from Taste of Home (I call them burgers because my guys will not eat anything called "patties") for supper and man, those are good! I made up a sweet & sour glaze -- tablespoon each of brown sugar and cider vinegar mixed in a quarter cup of ketchup and heated up until the flavors blended -- and we all chowed down. The recipe called for one pound of ground beef, but all I had was 3/4 pound and it worked out fine.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/meat-loaf-patties
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote:I have been puttering productively today. Tidied the house, walked the dogs, trimmed the shrubs at the front of the house.

DH accepted a job offer this afternoon, so we're much relieved. He was between jobs for three weeks, which really wasn't too bad in the long view, although it made for some worrisome days. I'm going to cook burgers and baked potatoes for a celebration meal.
Congratulations to your DH.

Jackie
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Evening everyone,

I am feeling a bit unsettled, Anxious even. While I had been getting nothing but positive feedback at work, today it is a bit weird. There is a gather at the local office tomorrow. I got a meeting invite saying "Hold" I never got any more details. There are peers coning in from out of town. I emails yesterday asking if we could do a teleconference as I have to leave early to take DS to his driver's test. I got 2 replies My boss and her boss saying no big deal, to deal with my family activity. I hope I am just off with Hubby being out of town.

Ah well time will tell.
It was a usual day, work, pick up DS, make dinner...

Hubby found some Indian drums the boys' percussion teacher asked him to look for. But he did not have enough cash. So I transferred $$ and called his Credit union to tell them he was going to do a withdraw from Delhi.

Have a nice evening,
Maggie
rinty

Post by rinty »

MackerelCat wrote:Thank you! He starts at the new place Oct. 5, so he'll have a few days to just enjoy life. :) We need to do some painting on the exterior of the house, but I'm putting off anything that requires getting on a ladder until we have health insurance again, which won't be until early November. Unless we buy a short-term policy, but I'm kind of mulling that one over.

I made Meatloaf Patties from Taste of Home (I call them burgers because my guys will not eat anything called "patties") for supper and man, those are good! I made up a sweet & sour glaze -- tablespoon each of brown sugar and cider vinegar mixed in a quarter cup of ketchup and heated up until the flavors blended -- and we all chowed down. The recipe called for one pound of ground beef, but all I had was 3/4 pound and it worked out fine.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/meat-loaf-patties
Congrats to DH ! That's a relief and to find something so relatively quickly too, LOL about those "patties" though. Don't you just want to say " eat or starve ", sometimes.............
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I've tried the "eat or starve" approach, Rinty. All it does is starve them and frustrate me, so I just don't call things by the forbidden words (casserole is another one, although pilaf is fine) and they eat. :-D
Mackie