Daily Check In January 13

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
2dogs+someCats

Daily Check In January 13

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Good Morning All. AMAZING news...Hope is HOME! The Vet had told us "maybe Saturday, probably Monday" for her home coming - if she ever came home at all, but...

When I called to check in on her yesterday morning, the tech who answered the phone was practically screaming for joy...she said she had just got done snuggling with Hope and she was soooooooo much better! She added a few things about what an angel and sweetheart Hope is and said they all just love her and someone has been in the isolation room with her practically all morning.

Then the doctor got on the phone and said she has NEVER seen a dog so young recover so quickly. She quickly followed up by saying that Hope is still sick, still weak, etc. but that she had a huge improvement over night. They said she had eaten breakfast and didn't vomit so that was good. This was at 10:00 a.m.

At 11:00 a.m. they called me back - scared me!! and said they would be feeding her again at 1:00 and if she kept it down and her temperature stayed normal, she could go home at 4:30. They told me to call back at 4:00. When I called back they said to come get her!! They were saying she was starting to "act like a puppy", whining, etc. and had picked up her lunch plate and thrown it against the wall!! (That's my Hope!!).

So she is home, on special food and two medications. She still has some tummy issues (not vomiting - the other - fortunately her kennel is large and she goes in there on her puppy pads and newspapers). I am taking her back on January 27 for a check up and all her shots. She has already been out this morning and is being a busy girl, walking around with a paper plate in her mouth, shaking it, and stopping every little while to rip some of it apart.

Thank you, friends, for all of your support, good wishes, prayers for Hope and us!! I appreciate you all!!

jackie26us

Re: Daily Check In January 13

Post by jackie26us »

Good Morning,

Sheila--So happy to hear Hope is on the mend!! :D

Well I slept in an hour today. No swimming for a few days as I have my monthly visitor. Oh well a rest will do me good. Ironically I usually lose more weight during the week that I have my visitor. Since I started in August I usually lose 3-4 pounds for the week during this time. Kind of weird but I'll take it.

I'm bringing to her post-op check up today. Going to see how she feels but home to stop at the Salvation Army Store on the way home. I was told they have a nice selection of clothes for plus size for real cheaper. Guess we'll see. I don't usually find anything in thrift stores in plus size. I can't wait until I'm in regular sizes then I'll be able to shop thrift stores more. Oh well almost there and it won't be long now.

I'll do some light housekeeping when I get back if I have time. Also need to go grocery shopping. Just paid my electric bill and phone/internet bill.

Have a nice day everyone.

Jackie

micogo

Post by micogo »

YAY Hope! She is precious . . .

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

Glad to hear puppy is on the mend.

Back into the yardwork. Replanted coleus in the front. More to move. Coleus seems to be only one of two flowers that I can grow well these days. Used to be easier. The vegetables that I can now grow seem to be green peppers, tomatoes sometimes and a couple of herbs. Well, I hope that will change as I improve the soil.

I have changed the dimensions of the back fence garden bed again to accommodate the lumber I have on hand. I will be mowing/mulching some leaves today to fill the back fence garden with. Only half of the leaves have dropped, but with huge oaks, that is a lot of leaves.

The sickly cat responded to the last round of mite shots in December and is better. Better meaning no or few sores or scabs. She still have patches of missing hair and looks unhealthy. It has been a year now since she got the skin infection. Except for the mite shots, she has not responded at all to the vet medication, change of diet, or internet remedies. I stopped giving her topical flea medication because it seemed to make her skin worse. I have started calling her salad dressing because she is better after a mild vinegar wash followed by olive oil massaged into her skin. Hubs says she is eating better now that I am back. She ate 2 cans of food yesterday and today, she has already eaten one and most of a second.

Well, today I plan to head to the store for the first time. Car hasn't been used for a month. Hope it starts. There is plenty to eat here except for fresh vegetables, fruits and milk.

Well, off to start the day. Happy frugal day all.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

2dogs+someCats wrote:Good Morning All. AMAZING news...Hope is HOME! The Vet had told us "maybe Saturday, probably Monday" for her home coming - if she ever came home at all, but...

When I called to check in on her yesterday morning, the tech who answered the phone was practically screaming for joy...she said she had just got done snuggling with Hope and she was soooooooo much better! She added a few things about what an angel and sweetheart Hope is and said they all just love her and someone has been in the isolation room with her practically all morning.

Then the doctor got on the phone and said she has NEVER seen a dog so young recover so quickly. She quickly followed up by saying that Hope is still sick, still weak, etc. but that she had a huge improvement over night. They said she had eaten breakfast and didn't vomit so that was good. This was at 10:00 a.m.

At 11:00 a.m. they called me back - scared me!! and said they would be feeding her again at 1:00 and if she kept it down and her temperature stayed normal, she could go home at 4:30. They told me to call back at 4:00. When I called back they said to come get her!! They were saying she was starting to "act like a puppy", whining, etc. and had picked up her lunch plate and thrown it against the wall!! (That's my Hope!!).

So she is home, on special food and two medications. She still has some tummy issues (not vomiting - the other - fortunately her kennel is large and she goes in there on her puppy pads and newspapers). I am taking her back on January 27 for a check up and all her shots. She has already been out this morning and is being a busy girl, walking around with a paper plate in her mouth, shaking it, and stopping every little while to rip some of it apart.

Thank you, friends, for all of your support, good wishes, prayers for Hope and us!! I appreciate you all!!
How absolutely wonderful. I am so glad (doing a happy dance). Sending thoughts and prayers to keep her on the road to good health.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

We have had a warm up in temperature overnight so I should be able to start the car and run my errands. There is no way I would have done them at -35C but -26C as it is right now is totally doable.

Still working on transferring pictures. I think that perhaps today I will pick up a few large thumb drives. I am running low on DVD's and hopefully once these pictures are moved I will be able to start with thumb drives for information.

I have almost finished decluttering the two packed shelves of knitting magazines. So far things are moving along nicely, but I just know I will hit a snag very soon. The individual patterns, and pattern books are being kept. Just the Vougue knitting, Knit Simple, Creative Knitting and such are being gone through. I am hoping to be able to move the cross stitch pattern books onto the book shelves when I am done, as well as my quilt utensil basket.

The chore list is not that long today and I hope to complete it before I go to the bank and shopping (plan on doing that this afternoon). I will be taking a day off from working on the cross stitch, but as I am getting very close to completion one day should not matter very much. I am going to be sewing up all my knitted pieces however over the course of the evening. Then comes photo time and listing on the various handcraft sites and garage sales. Let's see if I can sell a few items that way rather than by word of mouth.

Frugality wise I have made a grocery/household needs list and will be sticking to said list. I have coupons for a few items and will be searching for more while shopping.

Blinds and drapes will be opened to let the beautiful sunshine in.

The change in my purse (and coat pocket) will be put in the respective change jars. I plan on rolling dimes once the magazine declutter is completed.

Meals will be made using what I have in cupboard, freezer, and fridge. I even have enough salad fixings for today and tomorrow readily available in the crisper so if it wasn't for getting our allowances and paying bills I could easily wait until tomorrow to go shopping (just might if Hubby is willing to wait for his allowance as bills can be paid on line).

Still following this years mantra of Making Do, and Substitute when I can. This will enable us to have a very low spend month (well at least I hope).

Supper this evening will be a tuna casserole, served with a tossed salad.

Today I am grateful for a full pantry, freezer, and fridge. I get choices that way that I would not necessarily have otherwise.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.