Daily Check In January 13

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In January 13

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Shelia, that is wonderful news about Hope. She sure is a cutie.

Happy belated birthday, Gayle!

Dlrcpa, you do so much for your parents even though you are hours away and have to do the traveling, too (Plus you have a job!) You are an inspiration.

It is another beautiful day here, very sunny.

Yesterday I was able to clear out the garden where mom wants to plant the flowers. The soil was not as bad as I thought. I also started to clean out the so-called garden that backs up to the back porch. There are just a few croton plants there. I need to find a better type of mulch that won't wash away because in the rainy season the water pours off the roof (no gutter). I'm going to look at pine bark mulch at Home Depot.

Today I'd like to do some clipping in the yard or maybe some raking. I think that mom wants to go to Aldi, too.

When planning my Jan. budget, I forgot about the annual ambulance membership. It is $63 for the year. A few years ago when mom went to the ER in the ambulance and then was transferred to a different hospital in another ambulance, we could see that even though we are very happy with her Medicare Advantage plan, there is a $250 co-pay for each ambulance ride. In my insurance, my co-pay for an ambulance is 40%. (The average cost of an ambulance in my area is $750!) With the ambulance membership plan, they waive the co-pay no matter how many times you use the service. Mom and I both have memberships and even though we haven't used an ambulance in a few years (thankfully), we consider it a good deal and a donation to the ambulance service which makes a lot of trips for which they aren't paid. (There is only a charge if they transport someone.) So I wrote a check for it yesterday.

Have a good day.

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

2dogs+someCats wrote:Good Morning All. AMAZING news...Hope is HOME! The Vet had told us "maybe Saturday, probably Monday" for her home coming - if she ever came home at all, but...

When I called to check in on her yesterday morning, the tech who answered the phone was practically screaming for joy...she said she had just got done snuggling with Hope and she was soooooooo much better! She added a few things about what an angel and sweetheart Hope is and said they all just love her and someone has been in the isolation room with her practically all morning.

Then the doctor got on the phone and said she has NEVER seen a dog so young recover so quickly. She quickly followed up by saying that Hope is still sick, still weak, etc. but that she had a huge improvement over night. They said she had eaten breakfast and didn't vomit so that was good. This was at 10:00 a.m.

At 11:00 a.m. they called me back - scared me!! and said they would be feeding her again at 1:00 and if she kept it down and her temperature stayed normal, she could go home at 4:30. They told me to call back at 4:00. When I called back they said to come get her!! They were saying she was starting to "act like a puppy", whining, etc. and had picked up her lunch plate and thrown it against the wall!! (That's my Hope!!).

So she is home, on special food and two medications. She still has some tummy issues (not vomiting - the other - fortunately her kennel is large and she goes in there on her puppy pads and newspapers). I am taking her back on January 27 for a check up and all her shots. She has already been out this morning and is being a busy girl, walking around with a paper plate in her mouth, shaking it, and stopping every little while to rip some of it apart.

Thank you, friends, for all of your support, good wishes, prayers for Hope and us!! I appreciate you all!!
HURRAH!!!! I can't tell you how happy DH and I are for your family, Hope is HOME!!!!

IC

Heloise

Post by Heloise »

2dogs+someCats wrote:Good Morning All. AMAZING news...Hope is HOME! The Vet had told us "maybe Saturday, probably Monday" for her home coming - if she ever came home at all, but...

When I called to check in on her yesterday morning, the tech who answered the phone was practically screaming for joy...she said she had just got done snuggling with Hope and she was soooooooo much better! She added a few things about what an angel and sweetheart Hope is and said they all just love her and someone has been in the isolation room with her practically all morning.

Then the doctor got on the phone and said she has NEVER seen a dog so young recover so quickly. She quickly followed up by saying that Hope is still sick, still weak, etc. but that she had a huge improvement over night. They said she had eaten breakfast and didn't vomit so that was good. This was at 10:00 a.m.

At 11:00 a.m. they called me back - scared me!! and said they would be feeding her again at 1:00 and if she kept it down and her temperature stayed normal, she could go home at 4:30. They told me to call back at 4:00. When I called back they said to come get her!! They were saying she was starting to "act like a puppy", whining, etc. and had picked up her lunch plate and thrown it against the wall!! (That's my Hope!!).

So she is home, on special food and two medications. She still has some tummy issues (not vomiting - the other - fortunately her kennel is large and she goes in there on her puppy pads and newspapers). I am taking her back on January 27 for a check up and all her shots. She has already been out this morning and is being a busy girl, walking around with a paper plate in her mouth, shaking it, and stopping every little while to rip some of it apart.

Thank you, friends, for all of your support, good wishes, prayers for Hope and us!! I appreciate you all!!
OMG, she really knows how to melt a persons heart. What a sweetie.

tammy65

Post by tammy65 »

Hello everyone!

My son and grandson came over late yesterday afternoon. My grandson is trying his best to talk (5 1/2 months old) and he is such a joy!

My son decided to go thru my book closet (walk-in closet which my husband built deep wall to wall shelves for). He disappeared into the closet, which is located at the opposite end of the house from the living room. I stayed in the living room and gave grandson a bottle while my son took a trip down memory lane. We are both avid readers and he found quite a few of his old books stored in the closet.

After about 45 minutes, my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to join him in the extra bedroom that the book closet is in. My grandson and I sat on the bed and played while my son was going thru the closet.

I've had a weight problem for 20+ years (because I'm built like the women in my family, medications that I have taken, and because I just plain like to eat, etc.). So I've fallen for quite a few of the titles of books--buy me and you'll lose 20 lbs.!!, eat this and not that and you'll be a younger, healthier person, etc. :roll:

Most of the books I bought at thrift or consignment stores but it still added up to be quite a bit of money spent, money that could have been used for something that I really needed or paid on bills. My son asked if he could toss some of the older books along the weight loss and get healthy lines from years ago and I gladly gave him the go ahead.

There were also lots of older magazines in the closet that I never had the time to read and he tossed those too. He came across a lot of devotional books and some other books that are timeless and I am going to go thru the ones that I want to keep and sell the others at the consignment store.

He is a collector of old metal signage and such and found quite a few things on one shelf that I had put up for him to have when he got his own place.

He found some books that he can post for sale on a Facebook local yard sale site and some that he wanted to keep for himself. He is a big fan of Dave Ramsey and I had some books and workbooks of the Ramsey plan that he doesn't have and I gave them to him. He spent about 2 hours cleaning out part of the closet and emptied 1 1/2 shelves.

He stopped on the closet when my husband got home from work. I am so glad that he was able to accomplish this task! I am working in another area of the house and trying to declutter and conquer the paper monster who has taken up residency in my home.

They ended up staying for 4 hours and we enjoyed our time with both of them.

Today I am going to go thru some papers and either throw away or shred what is no longer needed. I have bought a couple of filing cabinets and some plastic storage drawers that I need to use to get my MIL's and FIL's paperwork filed into. I have a lot of court papers that I have to keep forever and right now they are semi-filed and need to be filed better.

Here's hoping everyone is having a good day! I'm off to read some of the forum and then get back to work on paperwork.

Tammy

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

tammy65 wrote:Hello everyone!

My son and grandson came over late yesterday afternoon. My grandson is trying his best to talk (5 1/2 months old) and he is such a joy!

My son decided to go thru my book closet (walk-in closet which my husband built deep wall to wall shelves for). He disappeared into the closet, which is located at the opposite end of the house from the living room. I stayed in the living room and gave grandson a bottle while my son took a trip down memory lane. We are both avid readers and he found quite a few of his old books stored in the closet.

After about 45 minutes, my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to join him in the extra bedroom that the book closet is in. My grandson and I sat on the bed and played while my son was going thru the closet.

I've had a weight problem for 20+ years (because I'm built like the women in my family, medications that I have taken, and because I just plain like to eat, etc.). So I've fallen for quite a few of the titles of books--buy me and you'll lose 20 lbs.!!, eat this and not that and you'll be a younger, healthier person, etc. :roll:

Most of the books I bought at thrift or consignment stores but it still added up to be quite a bit of money spent, money that could have been used for something that I really needed or paid on bills. My son asked if he could toss some of the older books along the weight loss and get healthy lines from years ago and I gladly gave him the go ahead.

There were also lots of older magazines in the closet that I never had the time to read and he tossed those too. He came across a lot of devotional books and some other books that are timeless and I am going to go thru the ones that I want to keep and sell the others at the consignment store.

He is a collector of old metal signage and such and found quite a few things on one shelf that I had put up for him to have when he got his own place.

He found some books that he can post for sale on a Facebook local yard sale site and some that he wanted to keep for himself. He is a big fan of Dave Ramsey and I had some books and workbooks of the Ramsey plan that he doesn't have and I gave them to him. He spent about 2 hours cleaning out part of the closet and emptied 1 1/2 shelves.

He stopped on the closet when my husband got home from work. I am so glad that he was able to accomplish this task! I am working in another area of the house and trying to declutter and conquer the paper monster who has taken up residency in my home.

They ended up staying for 4 hours and we enjoyed our time with both of them.

Today I am going to go thru some papers and either throw away or shred what is no longer needed. I have bought a couple of filing cabinets and some plastic storage drawers that I need to use to get my MIL's and FIL's paperwork filed into. I have a lot of court papers that I have to keep forever and right now they are semi-filed and need to be filed better.

Here's hoping everyone is having a good day! I'm off to read some of the forum and then get back to work on paperwork.

Tammy
OOOHHH I book closet!!! WOW, I love it. Love your son what a good "kid" PS what a wonderful DH to build that for you!!! :lol:

IC

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning!!!!

BB walked, breakfast had.

Plans for today to bake some sourdough choc chip cookies, go to the library for some volunteer hours and to hopefully buy some water.

IC