Daily Check in Jan 15, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Jan 15, 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning Frugal friends.
Be right back!

mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in Jan 15, 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

Still coughing my head off. Yuck. At the movie last night I sucked on Cough drops and Altoids to keep quiet. But I highly recommend you go see "Hidden Figures". I am not very good at sitting through a full length movie, but this one was very engaging. I only thought about looking at my watch once. LOL! So it really captured my attention. We had a group of about 15 or so that all went.

Being just West of JCKitty and LTWolf, we too did not get much of the predicted freezing rain. Most of our pavements are not cold enough.

DS1 had called yesterday asking if I was available last night and I had to tell him I had plans. So I hope to catch up with them sometime today.

DS2 and I will be heading out to Mass in a bit. Have a great day,
Maggie

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Thanks for the movie review. We go to the movies maybe twice a year, so it has to catch our attention.

Want to see L- La Land and maybe this one. Will definitely add it to the list.

Our small town theater has very reasonable prices. Movie, popcorn, drink for ten dollars.

GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

Wow,
That's an incredible price to go to a movie :)
At least 20.00 around here and that's with the senior discount and a matinee

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good frugal morning all,

A lovely Florida day predicted. Today, I will go shopping a bit. I need salt for the softener. I used to go to the big Walmart for it because it was cheapest there. But they became inconsistent about stocking the cheap stuff making the trip unpredictable. So now I go to save a lot. The price difference is about 40c, but I know it will be available. And save a lot does have discounted meats sometimes. On the way back home, I can stop at the dollar store and pick up a couple of things and the Winn Dixie and get my beef fat which should be free.

Then my chores at home will be to pour the salt and process the fat. After that I hope to get back to my 2 ongoing projects, the compost pile and the irrigation project. In preparing the irrigation line, I uncovered a number of little cherry bushes, so digging them up and repotting is the goal for the line today.

Yesterday, I oiled the cat. She is doing fairly well, but the itching and dry skin is returning, so I oiled her. I am currently using sunflower/avocado oil and that is what she got. It stops the itching and that is important.

Off to get going. Good frugal day all.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Woke up way too early. I should prom nap today.

Think I might have to go to the store. Haven't done a real grocery shopping trip in almost two weeks! Expecting rain this week, so should get some supplies. I'm also out of coffee pods. My order is taking too long to get here. Will have to start ordering sooner.

On a good note, I had to order new jeans. Went out last night and my current jeans are very baggy feeling. The weight loss is going well. What was funny was that this morning I saw some pics a former co worker posted of our reunions. At one point I had decided to just go with the flow and eat whatever and whenever. I was a little porker in those pictures. Lot younger too, at least ten years ago. Look a lot better now and I don't feel like I need to eat as much. Which is good. Now I want to work on my tummy and get that toned up. Might not be completely possible now, but doesn't hurt to try.

Have a great day.