Daily Check in Jan 15, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Jan 15, 2017

Post by Jackielou »

Went and helped my friend with her knee exercises this afternoon. I came home and cleaned out some of the pictures on the computer. I really need to get rid of more, but I can do that at another time. Tonight, before I start knitting I plan on clearing out some email. So, while nothing left the house I am still doing a bit of decluttering.

I also spent most of the remaining hours this afternoon watching my android tv box. Got caught up with Vikings before the new one airs on Wednesday. While watching I worked on my cross stitch project. I am up to back stitching and have some of that done now. I am hoping to be totally finished by Tuesday. Then I have to figure out what to do with it. I am leaning towards a pillow cause we really have enough on our walls right now.

Instead of making a casserole out of the bag of leftover turkey (what I had planned to do earlier) I thought I would just warm up the slices, and serve them with hash brown patties and peas. Simple and easy.

Loved the weather today. It has warmed up by almost 20 degrees to a balmy -14C and tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer. Got to love those Chinooks when they pass through Alberta into my province.

BeckyO

Post by BeckyO »

Afternoon Y'All,
I'm sitting here thinking about that champagn brunch I turned down... thinking, "That means you have to cook before you can eat." Did I make the right decision? LOL

I'm getting hungry, but I am enjoying sitting here in the sunshine coming thru my window. I need to water the plants sitting in that window. Sometimes I forget them.

I showered, shampooed and dressed. There is plenty of work to do around the apt, But I am so nice and clean : ) do I have to get up and get all sweaty?? ; ) Somehow I don't think that excuse will do much for the looks of my apt. I need to wash dishes, straightened the table next to the recliner, gather the gifts that need to be shipped, hang dome clothes in the bedroom.

The hand laundry has been done. there are clothes in front of the fan, hanging on the tub grab bars and soaking in the pan. When the ones in front of the fan are totally dry , folded and put away, the others can progress from grab bars to fan, from soaking to grab bars. Some how I got really behind in my hand laundry.

Yesterday, I went to get a sweet potato to bake and realized I had 2 Irish potatoes I

AuntBridget

Post by AuntBridget »

Update.....

Was just looking at FB, and kind of laughing at all the people in a panic about our bad weather that hasn't even started. We have schools that are delaying. Luckily we do not have school the next two days so don't have to wonder.

Did not get anything done that I wanted to get done today. Just could not get motivated.
Peter and I went to the 11:00 service at church. I came home and made myself a grilled cheese sandwich and had that with some veggie straws and a mug of the homemade soup. Then I layed down to read, and ended up taking a nap. I woke up to the sound of hubby and BIL coming in the door.

I made ham loaf (instead of forming them into balls) roasted root veggies, toss salad the cherry cobbler. BIL seemed antsy. I think it was because of the fact that he was missing his football game. He looked good, no new scrapes or bruises. I sure wish he would go get his eyes checked so he could get some new glasses.

Shortly after dinner, hubby took BIL back to his apartment. We worked on coming up with menu ideas so that I could write the down on the little tabs for my menu board that I made in my mothers group at church. At this Tuesday's meeting we are supposed to be preparing some freezer meals.....I am so excited about those I am hoping they will make some things that I have never had, so that I get to add some new things into the mix of our meal planning.

Well, thinking it is time for me to go do a bit more reading and then head off to bed for the night. Am so glad that I have no reason to set an alarm tomorrow. I will let my body tell me it is ready to get up.
Aunt Bridget

tammy65

Post by tammy65 »

Hi everyone.

Late check-in. It has been raining all day (and what seems like all month) and my health problems have flared up big time.

My husband wanted to make a trip to Sam's Club since it was raining so we made the out of town trip. I needed to return some things to Kohl's which is just down the road from Sam's.

I returned about a dozen items and had used Kohl's cash, a discount code, and a gift card on most of the items. A couple of the items had been charged to my Kohl's charge card. After all items were returned, I received a gift card refund to spend, Kohl's cash was refunded to me and the rest of the refund was refunded to my Kohl's card.

I had a 20% off coupon to use and a coupon for $10 off of $30 of baby items.
I called my son and asked him what my grandson needed since I don't plan on going back to Kohl's in the next month or so and I wanted to spend the gift card and Kohl's cash today.

My son told me to get some 9 month pants for grandson and whatever else that I thought he might be able to use.

Did I happen to mention that my husband hates to shop? He was trying to rush me while I was shopping and after he found out what size that I was shopping for he started "helping" me do the shopping. He picked out some cute onesies and some gripper socks and lots of pants. After about 10 minutes of shopping he decided that we were done. So we made our way to the register and I had no idea how much that my total was going to be.

I ended up paying about $30 more than the gift card, Kohl's cash, and 2 coupon codes added up to be. I wanted to put a couple of items back but the cashier said that she would have to re-ring everything so I said don't worry about it and paid the extra amount. I didn't think he could stand to go thru the mdse being voided and then re-rang.

After we left Kohl's, we went and got something to eat (with a gift card) and then finished up what we needed to do and headed home.

After we got home, I went thru the Kohl's items and found that my husband had "helped" me to buy 2 outfits, some socks, 4 onesies, and 14 pairs of pants. I'm going to let my son and daughter-in-law pick out what they want and return what they don't want the next time that I go to Kohl's. Don't think little man is going to be needing 14 pairs of pants in size 9 months as fast as he is growing :)

Oh well, lesson learned. Next time we eat first and then only go where my husband wants to go.

For the most part, it was a good day and I know that I shouldn't complain about hubby. Love him dearly but just not his shopping style. :D

I hope everyone has a good night.