Daily Check in Jan 19 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Jan 19 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning frugal friends,

So this afternoon I have my screening interview with a new Contracting company. The guy I talked to yesterday seemed to indicate that there might be multiple opportunities in the pipeline for me.

Then this evening I will attend the band parents meetings. Estranged Hubby emails asking if I could attend since he will not be back until Friday night.

Have a great day,
Maggie

floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in Jan 19 2017

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Maggie, good luck with the interview today.

I'm up earlier than usual because I'm meeting a friend for coffee this morning.

Yesterday I raked four bags of leaves at mom's house and felt good about that. The neighbor's oak tree is really hanging low over mom's utility building in the backyard and I want to get a tree trimmer to take care of that sometime soon. It is in an awkward, narrow area.

I also colored my hair yesterday. I'm always glad to get that done.

After the get together with my friend, I'll go to mom's house for lunch. I'm not sure what else we'll do today.

Have a good day.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good luck with the interview, Maggie.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

My sinus problem seems to have come back with a vengeance, massive headache and blowing my nose like crazy. I think it may be time to pull out the humidifier for our bedroom.

Today is a quieter day and I am hopeful of getting lots done. I do need some time in the sewing room as I now have three tops to sew and my goal is to get at least two done in the remainder of the month (if I am lucky perhaps all three will be completed).

I do have to make a loaf of bread so will get that started before I head out for my walk today.

List making begins today for a small shopping trip tomorrow, and our larger stock up at the end of the month. Hopefully the weather will be nice as one really does not know what winter will bring to the prairies.

Other than a few catch up chores and some extra cleaning on the to do list, the day is my own.

Supper tonight will be some leftover ham made into a casserole (need to use up the leftover rice and little bit of broccoli I have left). Cheesy rice, ham and broccoli casserole sounds pretty darn good.

Today I am grateful for quiet days where one can relax and recharge.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Good morning. Plan for supper is gumbo. DH might be the cook but since he does not like okra I don't think I should trust him to follow the recipe. ;)

New bosses have been spending time here. Sort of strange, they do not seem to have a game plan. We are still waiting for the software they want to use and are not able to accomplish much without it. I'll be happy as long as the paycheck is given to me on time.

I decided to knit fingerless gloves with scrap balls of yarn. I'll give them away to members of the dog club who help with our event in February. The building is huge and takes a long time to heat up, so I think these will be helpful. Will knit as many as I have time and materials for.

Stay warm.

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Jackie,
My "sinus crud" is back with me :( The drainage is giving me a very sore throat. I am so over all of this!! I want to feel good. Weather is gray, gloomy and expecting more rain.
I have my morning chores done and wood in, the woodpile is going down, but I am pretty sure I have enough. The goal is to have "just enough".
I need to run the duster over the floors, possibly do 1 load of clothes, depends on if there will be a full load, if not todays clothes will go in and all will be washed tomorrow. This time of year my wardrobe matches the weather, grays, black and dark.
Off to read and do ????
Have a great day all,
JCKItty