Daily Check in Jan 19 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in Jan 19 2017

Post by clemencia2us »

EllenMarie wrote:
clemencia2us wrote:Slept much better last night. Did get up a couple of times because the big dog started to bark. We had thunder in the area and he hates it. We closed him up in the mud room. He won't come into the house itself because it is too warm. He likes the colder weather and the mudroom is not heated. Its small so his body heat warms it up but not as bad as our house. The COD likes it WARM. I use a fan.

I'm trying to give up coffee and held off until 9. Used half the sugar.

Hope to make it to the thrift store to drop off some items. Need to clear out my car! LOL

Have a great day all.
GM! Why are you trying to give up coffee? As I am typing this and did not ant to get out of the bed this morning, I am thinking I need a big cup of coffee this morning! :shock:
It sort of bothers my acid reflux and my overactive bladder! And then I don't need the extra calories. I don't know why, but I am on a quest to lose weight - get down to a size I haven't seen in years! lol. I'm in a size 12, but want to get to 8. 12 is fitting big now. I did order new size 10 pants. I just want to eat and drink better.

I spend most of my time with people older than me. All we talk about is doctor appointments and the latest operation or condition they have. It can get depressing, so I just want to do all I can to not be like that later in life. Of course I could get hit by a car tomorrow, but it is just something that has been on my mind. I didn't start drinking coffee until I was 30.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

And I cannot leave that and say it is only about health because it is also about VANITY!!

I attended a multi year reunion a few months ago. I was excited to go and see old friends. I wasn't thrilled when I saw the pictures. I looked chunky! And I thought I looked okay. I know the camera adds pounds, well I want to be under that - lol.

I want this to be the last time I have to work at losing weight. I want it to be a natural thing with good eating and exercise habits.

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Frugal Friends,

Didn't get a chance to check-in yesterday as it was shopping day and by the time I got my grocery bought, errands ran and food prepped for storage I was ready to call it a day and went to bed by 9:00. Unusual for me, but all this decluttering and reorganizing has kept me busy and ready to go to bed at a reasonable hour. I think that happens when you aren't bored. Bored, I haven't been since the first of the year.

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I think tomorrow I will be completely finished and can just relax and enjoy the week-end. My house is absolutely sparkling and I have finished decluttering. I loaded up the back of my car this morning and I have lots of stuff for Goodwill. I have managed to keep up with the zones so far this month and my daily chores, so I'm feeling good about my progress.

CG, I spent some time looking at the video's on At Home with Nikki. What a beautiful home she has and I really enjoyed looking at the organization of her home. Mercy, that girl has got some serious cash invested in storage containers. I use a lot of the same ideas that she had, but mine aren't all matching containers and most were free. For instance I used Kraft glass mayonnaise jars for storage before they went to plastic, along with the ball glass jars, when someone who cans would give me a gift of their canned goods. My kitchen is yellow with blue accents and I liked the blue tops and love the mayo. LOL I hand write all my labels as I have a ton of sticky labels left over from my business days and don't want them to go to waste. I just take a black magic marker and make some cute squigglies around the edges after I write what is in the jars so they wouldn't look so plain. I painted clothespins and put on my wicker baskets ( purchased from the Dollar Store) with the initials of my queen sheets, (Q) full sheets, (T) for twin sheets. I love the deep baskets for storing things in. I store my toilet paper in them as well.

Loved, Loved, Loved her coffee bar. I thought the idea of all the coffee cups where wine bottles were probably meant to be was a very unique idea. I have mine in a corner cabinet in my kitchen and it's not as spacious, but it works for me. My kitchen drawers are a little smaller width wise so I am not able to have the dividers as she does. I looked into the wooden tray inserts when I redid my kitchen and none would fit. I have extra everyday stainless tableware and the plastic holders aren't deep enough. My drawers are 4" deep so I could probably devise some wood dividers to section it off like a silverware tray myself. I just might do that this summer. I wouldn't give up my wood cabinets for anything, so don't want to install new kitchen cabinets, just so I can have fancy dividers. The little white wire trays from Dollar Tree help me keep everything organized most of the time. I just couldn't fit 5 of those in there is the only reason I'm not using those.

I did love her tip of using essential lemon oil on a wet paper towel to clean the microwave. I have always used vinegar mixed in a small amount of water, but I have some essential lemon oil that I don't use much and it really gave a nice fresh smell to the kitchen, so I'm going to use it up for that. When it's gone I will go back to my white vinegar because white vinegar in a small container keeps my kitchen smelling fresh anyway and does a good job of helping clean the microwave. I found me a glass container that was used for serving parmesan cheese, large holes in top and I keep that on top of my refrigerator hidden. Most other things that I've seen so far I do already, cleaning the sink with soda and putting the liners in the bottom of my trash cans. I am going to watch more as I have time. I was glad to see that she only spends an hour a day cleaning house. When I tell people that they think I'm pulling their legs. Honestly, once you get it really clean the first time, give everything a place and are organized that is all it takes.

This was a long post.:) If you got to the end and are still with me, everyone have a great day. Pouring down rain here, so I'm really glad there is no where I have to be today. Going to boil some eggs and make me some Tuna Salad for lunch. Everyone have a wonderful day.

tammy65

Post by tammy65 »

Hi everyone!

Good news--My son's dog Z was returned! He had posted her picture and description on his facebook page and a lot of his friends reposted it. He had also contacted the local animal shelter and they had posted it too. She was returned in the late evening-it was raining and when they heard her barking at the back door she was dry. She doesn't seem to be in any distress and she's happy to be home.

I need to get motivated and get some things done around the house. All of this rain has gotten me in a mood. It has rained almost everyday this month and I need to see some sunshine.

I'm keeping up with my regular chores--but there are so many things that I need to work on (taxes mainly). We usually file the 1st week of February and I've gotten started on them but I need to finish adding up our deductions.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Tammy,
That is fabulous news about the dogs return.
Update:
I felt so rotten today that I really didn't get much done. My house stays pretty clean but with animals in the house always feel the need to run the duster at least once a day. I did that and a few other piddly things but not much else.
I broke "my January rule" of no extra spending, I ordered a pizza and picked it up looking like the "wreck of the Hesperus" I'm sure. I have my face made up and hair is clean but so pale and tired looking. I jammed a sock hat on and went.
I can only treat the symptoms of whatever this is. Throat spray, Ibuprofen, cough drops and Menthol rub. I really thought I had this beat but it came back yesterday and worse this AM. I wonder if the youngest grand and I are passing it back and forth? She stays with me when sick and momma is at work.
Hoping for a better day tomorrow....
JCKitty

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Tammy, that is fabulous news about the dog.

Kitty, I feel for you. This is the first week I've really felt like anything since Christmas. Every time I thought I was getting over mine seemed like I would start coughing and sneezing again. I promise you that I will cancel a visit from now on if anyone tells me they are sick. I am not going to go through feeling bad for almost a month. This must be a new strain that is going around because everyone I talk to say the same thing, "they can't shake it".