Daily Check in Sept 23, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Sept 23, 2015

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks,

Happy Fall.

I slept hard the almost 6 hours I was asleep. I am way too much inside my own head. I guess my boss did not send out info for today's meeting.

I am almost out of coffee. I finally ordered a case of k-cups form Costco. I have been using up a bag of coffee beans. I want to save what I have left for Friday when I may not have to leave the house. So no coffee for a few hours.

Yes today is DS's driver's test. He's ready. I think he will be on his own for dinner. I got a text that co-workers are going to dinner, so I will go to that and network.

Have a great day,
Maggie

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Sept 23, 2015

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

Up early (a bit earlier than usual) as we head to the big city for Hubby to have his surgery this morning. Hopefully we are in and out in no time whatsoever.

Off to wake Hubby up, talk to you all when we get home later today.

Jackie

delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Good morning, mbrudnic and all. DS was sick and I have a major dish pile-up to deal with in the kitchen today. I also need to do some organizing and find my fall clothes. I am trying to avoid unnecessarily buying more clothes and I know I will be tempted if I can't find that fall wardrobe soon! I may buy some fall boots, though.

delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Jackielou wrote:Good morning fellow frugalites

Up early (a bit earlier than usual) as we head to the big city for Hubby to have his surgery this morning. Hopefully we are in and out in no time whatsoever.

Off to wake Hubby up, talk to you all when we get home later today.

Jackie
Jackie, hope all goes well. I haven't been very tuned in and I am not sure what the surgery is for but I wish him a speedy recovery.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Maggie, I hope all is well with your job and good luck to your DS on his driver's test.

It's another beautiful morning here. We have the windows open to enjoy the cool air. I need to go to Aldi today for a few things and do a little housecleaning. May go putter in the herb garden later. I noticed the basil is done and needs to be pulled out.

Hope everyone has a lovely frugal day.
Mackie

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I kept waking up last night. I finally got some good sleep between 5 and 7 am. I am still tired.

I got a call back from my Dr that there is no sign of sinusitis. That doesn’t answer my question as to why I have so much problem with drainage. I asked for a referral to my ENT. My regular Dr is out this week so another Dr is covering for him. I may have to wait until he is back.

My left hand is almost back to normal. I am now able to hold a glass of water, my tea kettle, etc. I couldn’t even hold the weight of a spoon to eat on Saturday.

I had to copy a pattern I was working on into a word processing document. I then made some changes that made it easier to understand for me. There were no consistent round numbers. So I put them in. I was able to get it on one page, so on the other side of the page protector I put the original pattern. My page includes a picture of the item.

Now hopefully I can finish knitting this without getting confused as to where I am. Writing notes on the paper is just too painful.

Penny