Daily Check In March 10, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In March 10, 2017

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning, off to get coffee. Be back in a bit.

mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In March 10, 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
I achieved 10,000 steps on my Fitbit, but this morning my back and my ankle is slightly hurting. I may tape my ankle for this afternoon and tomorrow as I will be on my feet for the Antique show. As soon as I am finished here, I need to put a cake in the oven. Yesterday I made pumpkin rolls.

Have a great day,
Maggie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

We are back to the deep freeze once again, it is - 21 C which when changed to what you all use in the U.S. does not seem that cold, but add in a windchill that drops the temperature even lower and you have mid winter all over again.

I however plan on bundling up and heading outside for just a short walk even. When you are stuck inside for what seems like forever, getting out even for a bit seems to help.

My Friday to do list is ready to go and since I did some of the chores yesterday should be easily accomplished today. However, I did no decluttering yesterday so will need to find a few items to rid the house of today. I think I may go through my dresses today. Pretty sure there could be a few items in there that should leave the house....

Other than that one chore I have the regular Friday task list. I am hopeful that it will be done quickly so as to have more time on my fun projects. We shall see.

We got more information last night on my family reunion. Supposedly the lady doing the reunion (I offered to help, but all my suggestions were shot down, and I was never asked to do anything) got blocks of rooms at all the hotels in Yorkton. Ahh, no, she got blocks of rooms at three such hotels (there are 15). They are the really expensive ones.... I may list some of the others with the prices for those who do not want to spend a fortune on the group site.

Frugality wise there will be no spending here today, blinds and drapes will be opened while the sun shines to give us light and solar heating, walking for free and frugal exercise, meals made at home with what I have on hand (grocery bill was well under what it usually is yesterday, going to try and keep it that way for the next few months), I have some darning and mending to accomplish, and leftovers will be used for our lunch today. Tightening the frugal belt until we can see how much everything rises in the first 6 months.

Supper tonight will be fish fillets, homemade French fries, and Coleslaw. I splurged and bought one item not on my grocery list yesterday... Chocolate bars, those will be dessert today after supper.

Today I am grateful that the snow predicted for today has not arrived as of yet.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

We are expecting rain later today. It is foggy and drizzly now. It is a sleepy day. I have my trash gathered. I still need to put it out.

I hope the water container for my Keurig comes today. They said 3 business days the latest it is likely to come would be Monday. They told me 3 to 5 business days when I ordered it on Monday.

The spring pollen counts are very high. I hope todays rain washes some of it out.

Penny

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,
Jackie we are back to cold here also. It seems especially cold because of all of the nicer weather we have had.... but the sun is shining so that is a blessing.
I slept well, started having weird dreams so just got up. Will go to dads in a bit and then was thinking I might make a trip to a charity shop to make a donation and maybe snoop around as I have never been in the actual shop. I don't need anything, have in fact been sorting/decluttering so might skip the snooping around. Seems redundant to declutter and then possible buy more :?
My flowers from almost 2 weeks ago still look nice...I cut stems every other day and change the water. They do make me happy to see them.
Spoke too soon, clouds are arriving... oh well.
My list today includes watering and "barbering" them and need to run a duster. I have paperwork to sort and shred. I might make a list of plants needed/ wanted for planters as the pansies should be arriving soon in the markets. If I put them in the planters closest to the house, they usually do not freeze. We will see.... ;)
I am seriously thinking about taking the pottery from the open breakfront and replacing it with the milk glass and crystal...lighten things up so to speak.
Off to drink coffee and just "be"
Have a great day all,
JCKitty

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

It is still very warm here but it's supposed to cool down over the weekend. I've had my a/c on and last night it kept running and running. It was throwing cold air so maybe it was the high humidity or maybe the unit is having problems. It is about 12 years old. We'll see over the next few days.

Yesterday I had coffee with friends and then went to mom's house. I did some work in the yard, but it was mid-day so the sun was blazing and I just couldn't do much. Today is trash day so we got rid of all the bags of yard waste. It is at this time of year that I wish mom had twice a week pick-up.

I finally got all my tax stuff together so that is my priority later today. I do it on paper before I do it on TurboTax. I like to understand the calculations myself. I've always done it this way.

I'm going to put out my Easter decor today, also. I only have a few things for outdoors at my entrance and a few things in my living room. Love the Spring colors.

Have a good day.