Daily check In March 11, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily check In March 11, 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning frugals,

I had trouble sleeping so I got up. I need to be at the High School at 7:30 to start coffee for the Antique show. I am schedules to work until Noon, but if they need me I will stay until 5. We are keeping things flexible. The show got on the activities calendar but not the facilities calendar, so the Cafeteria was booked by another group. Then the facilities director - who started in the Fall, Is not comfortable with us using the kitchen and is talking about not letting us use it anymore. We have been doing this for years. The steam system that powers the steam table goes on and off and often has to be reset but no one is available to to be there. So we made the potato soup and will only sell it cold, to go. We will server pulled pork sandwiches and hot dogs out of crock pots as well as chicken salad sandwiches. It will be interesting.

Have a great day,
Maggie

ownedbydogs

Re: Daily check In March 11, 2017

Post by ownedbydogs »

Good morning ! Got up the usual time, but have been awake since 3. The dog gets his insulin shot at 5 so decided to just play on iPad till time. Hope things have settled down for awhile as we have been having plumbing problems all week. 700$ later most have been fixed ( a person can hope!). Today I hope I do not see anyone outside the people who live here. Lol. Going to take a nap and spend the day relaxing.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Another brisk morning here on the Canadian prairies. Seems like winter is here for a bit longer. We did get some snow, just not as much as had been predicted. More predicted for later today however, and still more coming on Sunday. Mid week we should have a turn about and get a bit nicer outside. Sure hoping that is when the furnace guys show up to work on the never ending venting system.

Really, just another Saturday here at the old homestead, except for one little tweak. Hubby has decided that he is going to stay upstairs from now on. This means no alone time, except for when I get up in the morning, no bug free time (Hubby does like to try and rile me up, get me going he says) and fights over what we watch on television once again. Could also mean fights over the desk top computer, even though he has his own laptop. If you don't hear from me at some point, it's because I am in jail for attempted murder (really I do love him, it is just when he is home and underfoot I get nothing done, and seem to need to "entertain" him).

Frugality wise, this will be another no spend day, I will be working on my various projects, and perhaps baking some treats. I would love to get out for my walk this morning, even a short around the block one sets me up for the day, but it is pretty darn windy out and that causes the temperature to feel even worse. I may just content myself with hiking up and down the stairs a few times today. Meals will be made and eaten at home, the drapes are opened to take advantage of the sunlight, and lights will be turned off in rooms not being used.

Supper this evening will be Pork chops, the leftover pasta, and salad. I need to use more of the salad greens up in the crisper.

Today I am grateful that it isn't much colder out and our furnace is still working away.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Good morning. It has turned cold again but sunny. They are talking about snow on Tuesday. May have to reschedule some meetings. Today I'll be working from home. I just spent an hour catching up on bills and paperwork. I hope DH will agree to leftovers for supper as I made a lot of corned beef and potatoes in the crock pot on Thursday. I also have a can of sauerkraut for myself.

Have a good weekend.

NoisyPorkchop

Post by NoisyPorkchop »

Not too much going on in my neck of the woods. I am in the middle of my workweek and with my driving too and from work this week and keeping an eye on my gas mileage I have got a current average of about 36.9 mpg as of this mornings commute.

The temps were very mild yesterday and the SUN actually came out so with the combination of the two I was actually able to keep the heat turned off in the house during the evening and the house stayed at about 68 degrees all on its own. I even slept last night without turning our ususal heat on low in the bedroom, just had my heat blanket on low and I slept like a rock. I really hope to keep this nicer weather around, tired of the gray dreary days and the ongoing rain we get here in the Pacific Northwest.

My husband came home later than usual and I had to re-heat his dinner. I asked him what the deal was for coming home so late (almost 7pm) and he told me the grocery store was slammed with customers and everyone was buying meats like crazy. He said it was confusing at first as you usually get these storms of customers when there is an impending "snow scare" and everyone comes rushing in to stock up. My husband started talking to customers about how busy the store was and several of them said the same thing: the Sun came out and it is a beautiful day so they wanted to get some steaks/chops, etc., and get out the grill, lol. He said he had to stay overtime to make up for the massive sales in the department and get the meat case re-stocked. I guess I am not the only one who gets motivated and cheery when the Sun pops out from the clouds :)

Going to make a frugal dinner of some kielbasa that has been hiding in the freezer and some penne pasta and alfredo sauce stirred all up along with a home made salad and maybe some green beans. Have a lovely, frugal day everyone!

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Jackielou wrote:
Really, just another Saturday here at the old homestead, except for one little tweak. Hubby has decided that he is going to stay upstairs from now on. This means no alone time, except for when I get up in the morning, no bug free time (Hubby does like to try and rile me up, get me going he says) and fights over what we watch on television once again. Could also mean fights over the desk top computer, even though he has his own laptop. If you don't hear from me at some point, it's because I am in jail for attempted murder (really I do love him, it is just when he is home and underfoot I get nothing done, and seem to need to "entertain" him).
I'll come sit on your jury ;)

Can you go downstairs?
Or maybe you need to get your own laptop ... (I very much like that we have wifi now. No jockeying for computer time.)