Daily check In March 11, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily check In March 11, 2017

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all, oops!! I mean afternoon. :?

I have no idea where my morning has gone but I do know I have been busy. My standing fan that I use on the wood burner gave up last night. :shock: Soooo I removed the fan blade and installed it on the fan assembly from the one that the blade broke on and viola!!!! I have a fan to use again. It is 2 colors now but at least I saved the situation. I had bugged the company for the fan with the broken fan blade ever since it broke....couldn't get anywhere with them but had the satisfaction of hopefully driving them crazy ;) I hope that doesn't sound mean but really their attitude was just wrong! "Throw it away, we will send a new one if you just send the cut off cord and the receipt and the original box.... Grrrrrr.

I have bedclothes in the washer and ready to hang, then I need to do floors and run a duster. Tomorrow we have a day out planned, I am looking forward to it as it is something/somewhere we have never been. Lunch will be out, too cold for a picnic. :(

Jackie, this too shall pass....hopefully when the basement is done, hubby will migrate back to it.

It is cold and sunny but no plans to go out to try to do yardwork. I have been sorting files and paperwork so I do have shredding to do.
Off to get busy again, have a great day all.
JCKitty

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Jackie - just go back to the days when y'all were young and first madly in love.

The days when you couldn't stand to be apart for a second!!

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Looking forward to daylight savings time.

Love the "longer" evenings. I'm starting to have a hard time driving at night, so this way I can stay out later!!

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Jackielou wrote:Good morning fellow frugalites,

Another brisk morning here on the Canadian prairies. Seems like winter is here for a bit longer. We did get some snow, just not as much as had been predicted. More predicted for later today however, and still more coming on Sunday. Mid week we should have a turn about and get a bit nicer outside. Sure hoping that is when the furnace guys show up to work on the never ending venting system.

Really, just another Saturday here at the old homestead, except for one little tweak. Hubby has decided that he is going to stay upstairs from now on. This means no alone time, except for when I get up in the morning, no bug free time (Hubby does like to try and rile me up, get me going he says) and fights over what we watch on television once again. Could also mean fights over the desk top computer, even though he has his own laptop. If you don't hear from me at some point, it's because I am in jail for attempted murder (really I do love him, it is just when he is home and underfoot I get nothing done, and seem to need to "entertain" him).

Frugality wise, this will be another no spend day, I will be working on my various projects, and perhaps baking some treats. I would love to get out for my walk this morning, even a short around the block one sets me up for the day, but it is pretty darn windy out and that causes the temperature to feel even worse. I may just content myself with hiking up and down the stairs a few times today. Meals will be made and eaten at home, the drapes are opened to take advantage of the sunlight, and lights will be turned off in rooms not being used.

Supper this evening will be Pork chops, the leftover pasta, and salad. I need to use more of the salad greens up in the crisper.

Today I am grateful that it isn't much colder out and our furnace is still working away.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Well crumb!!!! Jackie, I had a nice big post to and it went poof!!! :evil:

Long story short, I understand DH and I have been living in the family room for the past almost month.

DH finds hat he sleeps better in the lazyboy, so I sleep on the couch in case he needs something.

I do get out though, I walk BB 3 times a day and get out to run the chores.

IC

BevMoore

Disappearing Posts

Post by BevMoore »

I typed a long post, tried submitting and it didn't take. So I used the "save draft" option and now I can't find it. Help! If it has disappeared is there a way to fix this problem of disappearing posts? Many of us seem to encounter this issue and it's so frustrating to type a long post only to have it disappear in thin air.

Bev

Heloise

Re: Disappearing Posts

Post by Heloise »

BevMoore wrote:I typed a long post, tried submitting and it didn't take. So I used the "save draft" option and now I can't find it. Help! If it has disappeared is there a way to fix this problem of disappearing posts? Many of us seem to encounter this issue and it's so frustrating to type a long post only to have it disappear in thin air.

Bev
After loosing a few posts, I have now gotten into the habit of copying my posts before submitting just to be safe.