Daily Check in April 10, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in April 10, 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks,
I am getting ready to leave here soon to attend a meeting of the "Job Search Focus Group". I joined this group in 2011 after my University job was eliminated. Yesterday my SIL offered to reformat my resume. So I have sent that off to her.

So sad about the Church bombings in Egypt.

And I consider the moleskin fix for underwire bras a bust. The moleskin stuck to me. I guess as I moved around that it rubbed off. Too bad.

Have a great day,
Maggie

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in April 10, 2017

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I, also, feel horror and shock over the bombing of the Coptic Catholic Church in Egypt yesterday. Oldest DS had phoned yesterday to say he visited this church while in Egypt a few years back.

I was hoping to be able to hang my laundry out today, but while the sun is shining and the temperature is supposed to rise, it really is quite cool out. I think it could be another week before I have the pleasure of line drying my washing once again.

Lots to do today and as the vertigo seems to be sticking around this could be a problem. I am up and down stairs doing laundry, on my hands and knees scrubbing the tub and toilet, dusting (head down once again), vacuuming (same) and other lovely cleaning routines that involve head movement. I foresee a very slow working day with a few rests in between jobs.

After household chores are completed, I get to have fun either reading or knitting. I may perhaps even do a bit more decluttering (well really more putting away) in the sewing/craft room. I seem to have collected a few coats draped over my chair.

Frugality wise today will be a no spend day, I will be following my usual frugal laundry plans, taking a short walk for exercise, meals all made here at home with what I have on hand, and using up the remainder of some over ripe bananas. I think some muffins are in order today.

Really, just another day like many others here at home.

Supper this evening will be Chicken Breasts. I think I may make fajitas as a bit of a change.

Today I am grateful that I seem to be slowly, getting less and less dizzy. Could the vertigo be leaving?????

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackie what is the cause of your vertigo? Have you seen a Dr? Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

There are exercises you can do to help with the vertigo.

I think one is to get on the bed with your head hanging over the edge and moving it from side to side - or something like that.

Several people I know have had it lately. You should be able to find the exercises on line.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It is a very overcast blah muggy morning.

Feeling kind of antsy. Not a fan of this type of weather. I prefer a nice sunny day. I guess we need the rain.

I'm taking off in a few minutes to have breakfast with siblings and friends.

Didn't see any clouds coming our way but still made Rusty come inside. He hates being indoors now. He is pouting in his wire cage.

Hope all have a great day.

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Jackie, I feel for you ,I really do :( I would probably would be sick to my stomach as that is how dizziness usually affects me. (((hugs)))

It is warm and windy this morning, all laundry is done so I can't take advantage of the weather for line drying.
I slept good, sore all over but nothing I can't handle and will do some stretches before going out and picking up sticks. We may be in line for some pop up storms so stick picking is iffy.
Today I need to run the duster on the floors and will take leftover chicken carcass from freezer for the crockpot to make noodles. I also want to go to the library but have to wait on a tele call from dads doctor regarding his BP.
DSonIL1 has thrown his back out, and has an appointment with his back therapist this afternoon, may need me to go with him...I feel so sorry for him as it is obviously very painful, and one of the grands got a bee sting on her lip, swollen and painful. Spring wounds and they aren't fun.
It is getting dark out so storms are due,
Have a great day all,
JCKitty