Daily Check In April 15, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Daily Check In April 15, 2017

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Hope the weather is beautiful wherever you are today, it's glorious here in my part of Tennessee. Yesterday it was unbelievably warm for this time of year.

I have finished all my chores and my house is ready for company tomorrow. I have finished my tablescape and set the table so when I get home from church I will only have to make the tea and bake the rolls. The roast will be started in the crockpot before I leave for church at 8:15. It has to cook for 6 hours, so it will be ready by the time we eat at 1:00. I changed my mind on a centerpiece as they had beautiful bouquets of Easter Lilies when I grocery shopped yesterday and I couldn't resist. I did use the jelly beans layered in green grass in my candle holders, surrounded them with grass and placed small easter ornaments around the base. I put the Easter Lilies on the glass square cake stand in a crystal vase and placed grass on the cake plate and filled it with tiny miniature wooden easter eggs in the center. I think it turned out beautiful.

I got a new battery for my riding lawnmower, but something else is wrong with it. I will call the repair place on Monday to have them pick it up and see if it's worth fixing. If not I will have to decide if I want to replace it or have someone cut my yard from now own. It may be time.

Had a wonderful time at the luncheon yesterday and our hostess outdid herself on food. We had three different kinds of finger sandwiches, a pasta salad, a molded fruit congealed salad, potato chips, a relish tray with everything imaginable on it. Pickled okra, tiny pickled corncobs, green olives, black olives, stuffed olives, tiny gherkin pickles, and a cream cheese bar covered with red pepper jelly. Assorted crackers to spread the cream cheese on and a choice of three different desserts. Devil Food cake, carrot cake or Coconut Cake. Needless, to say I didn't eat any dinner last night.

I didn't even eat breakfast this morning and it's after 2:00 and I am having myself a bowl of the cauliflower soup I made a couple days ago for lunch. It may be my dinner to as I am having the big meal for lunch tomorrow.

I think I can finish my dishcloth today, as I didn't get a chance to work on it at all yesterday. Everyone have a great Easter and will see you Monday.

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good afternoon all,
The unstable weather here continues which I absolutely love. It has been a great winter and spring with lots of rain, cool weather and sunshine. That coupled with the mild fall weather has made for a great year so far weatherwise. We shall see what the summer brings. As long as it is not long and drug out like they have been in past years I can deal with it. I really hope this horrible drought is over and we will continue with the four seasons of climate that has been so lacking in recent years.

Earlier this week I spent a few days with DD up in the foothills. She did some vegan cooking which was quite good. We also shopped for things I need to work on healthier eating habits. I most likely will not go total vegan since I want to continue to use eggs and dairy products as condiments. Same with the meats. I am thinking a serving of red meat once a week, a serving of poultry twice a week and one serving of fish once a week. The rest of the proteins will come from beans, rice and assorted legumes. I really hope that along with DS and I losing weight and being healthier that we will save money in the process. I will continue my twice a day supplement to avoid getting sick and continue with my Medifast bars for when I am on the go plus keeping some Medifast items on hand for between meals.

I am scrubbing out my bathrooms today and will tackle the kitchen and floors tomorrow. I will also do a little grocery shopping tomorrow morning before the store gets crowded.

Bev

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good afternoon all.

It is almost summer weather here, mid-80s. I turned on mom's a/c for her. I'm glad that I got my a/c fixed yesterday. Because I was at mom's house for two weeks, the electric bill I received today was super low so that was nice.

Even though my eyes were so tired yesterday, I had trouble falling asleep and took a sleeping pill, Tylenol Simply Sleep, but I still feel sleepy today.

After leaving mom's house this afternoon, I went to Publix to pick up a few things and it was super crowded. I went through the quick check-out lane, though, and was in and out fast. I wanted to get a Redbox movie but the film I wanted, Jackie, was out of stock. I'll see what is on Netflix or Amazon tonight.

Mom and I are going to have a very simple Easter dinner, chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes and ice cream for dessert so it will be easy.

Yesterday when the a/c guy was in the attic I wanted to stay upstairs mainly to make sure my cat didn't freak out. So I took the time to go through my bookshelves and found about a dozen to donate, most likely to the library book sale.

Have a good evening.

chocolite

Post by chocolite »

BeckyO wrote:Afternoon Y'All,

Just has lunch, yum porkchop, baked sweet potato and Brussel sprouts followed by an iced cupcake, lemonade and coffee : )

Last night I drove about 190 miles roundtrip to DGD#2's 40TH Bday party. Most of the family from this area were there. No ice cream : ( LOL But everything else was fun, lots of music, Kareoke, and laughter.

I need to finish my cruise details, wash some clothes, write a letter and go to the grocery store. I want some cheese, crackers and a loaf of bread.

I sat on my balcony about 30 min before lunch.. ohhh so nice soaking up those rays : ) I want to do more of that this afternoon. Then I might put away some of that china that I unpacked.. maybe....
BeckyO
Becky, I'm glad to see you posting on here! I've missed reading your updates. Glad you like your new place/balcony.
Patty

chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Update:

I met the rescue group lady today to finalize Audrey's adoption. She gave me what paperwork she had on her. Poor baby was found in January with a broken pelvis, tailbone, and ribs. She was not spayed. I'm so glad we have her. Her little personality is coming out more and more.

Today is Hobbes' birthday. He's 6 years old. I thought Audrey was 2, but her paperwork estimates her as 3.

I made chicken and noodles for supper. My wrist is still giving me fits. The doctor told me to use it as much as I could, but I may need to take it easier for a day or two.
Patty

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

chocolite wrote:Update:

I met the rescue group lady today to finalize Audrey's adoption. She gave me what paperwork she had on her. Poor baby was found in January with a broken pelvis, tailbone, and ribs. She was not spayed. I'm so glad we have her. Her little personality is coming out more and more.

Today is Hobbes' birthday. He's 6 years old. I thought Audrey was 2, but her paperwork estimates her as 3.

I made chicken and noodles for supper. My wrist is still giving me fits. The doctor told me to use it as much as I could, but I may need to take it easier for a day or two.
So happy to hear that Hobbes' and Audrey are become buddies and hate to hear about your wrist pain. I've been meaning to ask you what you thought about the ending of Taft? It left me being unsatisfied with the ending, did it you? I enjoyed the book otherwise and thank you recommending it.