Daily Check In April 19, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In April 19, 2017

Post by Jackielou »

Morning, surprised no one started the thread yet. Off to get coffee, back soon.

mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In April 19, 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
I woke up about 4:30, Tired to go back to sleep and gave up about 5:15. Came out, poked around the web, my eyes got tired and I dozed on the couch for a bit. About :30 I got up and showered. Then I chopped up some veggies and threw the fixings for bean soup in my crockpot. Mom had 2 hams for Easter and gave me one of the ham bones. I don't know if DS will eat it, but I plan to put servings in mason jars and freeze. I am just about out of my sausage lentil soup in there.

Have a great day,
Maggie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

A bit hazy here this morning and most forecasts I read are calling for rain at some point today. Hope it finally arrives and things get a good wash down. Perhaps a good old fashioned rainfall would warm things up here as well.

Middle of the week, and things are moving right along. I think the neighbour gentleman managed to get a job this past week. He is sitting out on his front steps by 7 in the morning, a white truck comes and picks him up and he is gone until 5 or 7 at night. I hope this lasts for him for awhile. Lord knows unemployment does not pay very much.

Today will be a day of decluttering, moving my spring/summer clothing into the closet and dresser, moving the winter/fall clothing out, finishing the knitting project (hopefully), accepting a delivery, and hopefully getting to the library for some new reading material. Should be a very frugal and thrifty day as any clothing that I missed repairing before storing in the fall will be set aside, and the same goes for the clothing I will be storing this spring. Pretty sure there is nothing but thread, needles and buttons are out and ready to be used.

I will also be making a grocery list today. Our onion harvest from last fall, finally got used. This has been the longest we have had onions from the garden last and were quite happy not to have to purchase them in the store for the entire winter. Just wish our potatoes had grown so well.

I have 4 more days of looking after the neighbours cat (they should be home on Saturday sometime), good thing as her stairs are even steeper than mine and are hard for me to get up and down at times.

Supper this evening is going to be pork chops, warmed up mashed potatoes from Sunday, and corn.

Grateful for oh so many things today, but especially the sound of robins singing outside my window.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Jackie have they finished furnace work in your basement yet?
Paid day off work today then back to a normal work schedule Thursday. I'm going to the garden to plant beans and haul out weeds. I will also work on laundry. We have leftovers for supper.

Have a good day.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning everyone.

It is another hot day here, but I did see that we are supposed to have a slight break in temperatures next Monday and Tuesday.

Yesterday I went to Dollar Tree for a birthday card for a friend (need to mail today) and a Mother's Day card. I "splurged" on the $1 cards instead of the 2/$1 ones. They have very nice cards. I then stopped at the library to donate books. I was happy that they were glad to get them. In the past there have been periods when they were so overloaded with books that they didn't accept donations.

Today mom and I have hair appointments. We both have stick straight hair so periodically get perms. So this will be quite a long afternoon at the salon even though the hairdresser is fast. Mom and I will have lunch at her house and then go to our appointment.

I am back to trying to clean places in my house that I let go for too long. Even though I dust most of my bedroom, I had ignored a painting over my bed. (Mom has painted many of the paintings in my home.) I had to stand on my bed to dust the top and it was very dusty. There is another fairly large painting in my second bedroom that is in a similar position so I'll dust it today. Small improvements.

Have a good day.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I have a lot to do today. I just didn’t feel up to doing much yesterday. The cleaner is scheduled to come today. She just called and does’t feel well. So she will come next week. I am very relived that she isn’t coming today.

My plans for the day have changed. I will do my best to catch up on the dishes, I have a wash in the washer, I still need to fold and put away the towels I washed on Monday.

So today will be spent catching up, resting, and finishing the weaving in the ends on the baby hat. Packaging it to mail.

Penny