Daily Check in April 22, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
itspennyc

Re: Daily Check in April 22, 2017

Post by itspennyc »

Sorry for the duplicate post

Penny

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I am very tired today. It is a gray cloudy day with drizzle. It is supposed to get colder today. You have to remember that cold is relative here.

Penny[/quote]
Penny I remember when we went to New Orleans a couple of years in a row. When we left here, St. Louis, MO area, it was hot in the high 80's or 90's. When we arrived in New Orleans it was in the 70's and we felt wonderful running around in shot sieved shirts and shorts. The people in New Orleans were running around with ear muffs and mittens on.. I was so surprised.. Temperature is relative that is for sure. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

I had all kinds of plans today to do some make ahead cooking, cleaning etc. but find myself sidelined with the stomach flu. just hope it's a 24 hour thing.

Had a wonderful time at my poker game yesterday. We always have a lot of fun and I look forward to them.

Have a great day everyone.

Bev

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Chilly and rainy here today. Took my youngest DGD with me this morning for a haircut.
I plan on looking through some of my cookbooks this afternoon....I need some ideas for meals. Seems I cook the same things over and over.
Have a nice day everyone.

rinty

Post by rinty »

Get well soon, Bev.

Penny, that is great customer service from Tupperware.

The last Tupperware I had was wedding present stuff, all very dated colours and I confess I got rid of it years ago. NOW I realise I should have kept it .

I have written myself a TO DO list having been frustrated with myself for always feeling frazzled and behind.

There were 39 things on that danged list :shock: And it wasn't stuff like washing/ironing and hoovering.

Just realised Book a Colonoscopy wasn't on that list...eyeroll......whatever, it needs doing, I'll book it after work on Monday.

ANYHOO I have slogged through 20 of those items, its 6pm Saturday and I am DONE.

Its better than Nuthin' and I've been at for 2 days solid.

The DS meeting was awfull :shock: Not the people doing the meeting but the stuff they had to discuss. Basically its 6 months of stomach churning grind starting yesterday. We aren't on our own ( thank goodness ) and the others involved are far more knowledgable than us. Thank You and Amen. Ideally if I was being picky I would say why tell us this NOW , just as I am going back to work..............it would have been a lot less hassle doing it when I had all the time in the world...but oh, well. Must keep a handle on stress and not take it out on innocent parties.

Or Not ; )

Today was leftovers from yesterdays meal for friends............this whole week was all about leftovers......we ate every scrap from Easter, ate all the cheeseboard. We ate a big meal at lunchtime, its bright and sunny.........DH did the allotment, I slogged here on that frickin' TO DO list. Now hes back I've offered soup and a roll later when we both feel hungry but neither of us are bothered really.

I food shopped and it was BASIC. 4 items including garlic ( which we totally ran out of it all its forms ) but I did my ususal sweep 'o the Yellow Stickers. I was too early for the good stuff and wasn't bothered, then noticed the meat. They had lamb at £9 for a leg of lamb which was a good deal.......I chatted with a lady who had got one of the £5 ones like us last week...........but I ferreted around and saw they had gammons (hams, smoked and unsmoked ) on a 2/3 reduction. I checked it was freezable cos .............MASSIVE.......and got a BIG one for £6 instead of £16. It was 3 days in date, no idea why so reduced but BOOYAH.

On a Sunday when we have a few of the kids and their families round we'll cook it but it can sit in the freezer just now.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, ((Hugs)) to those of you like jckitty and floridacatlover who are caregivers for their parents. Bless you.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Rinty, you deserve a giant {{{HUG}}} for all that you do and have to do.

Hi, frugal friends! I got up a couple of hours early this morning for me on a weekend, and have been puttering around tidying the house and doing some laundry. Also made a quick trip to Family Dollar for a few odds and ends and did the grocery trip (weekly dose of sticker shock).

Tomorrow I need to spend quite a while in the kitchen baking muffins for work. Next week starts our spring fundraising, and having baked goods around boosts everyone's morale. The stuff to make them was bought on sale a few weeks ago, so nothing out of pocket today for that.

I am trying to ramp up the frugal activities, which is a bit difficult because I work such long hours, but we're trying to quickly pay down our substantial medical debt. I'll have another eye surgery the third week of May, and we're aiming to get all the bills paid by then.
Mackie